The Student Room Group

Heart/pulse rate Investigation Lab

Hi all,

I was asked to plan a lab for biology. So I searched online and found something related to heart rate. I gave in the first draft with this introduction:

Introduction: Heart rate is term used to describe the frequency of the cardiac cycle. It is considered one of the four vital signs. Usually it is calculated as the number of contractions (heart beats) of the heart in one minute and expressed as "beats per minute" (bpm). A person's pulse, on the other hand, is the throbbing of their arteries as an effect of the heart beat. It can be felt at the neck (carotid artery), at the wrist (radial artery), and a few other places. The circulatory system functions to deliver oxygen and nutrients to the tissues for growth and to remove metabolic wastes. The heart pumps blood through a circuit that includes arteries, arterioles, capillaries, venules, and veins. One important circuit is the pulmonary circuit where there is an exchange of gases within the alveoli of the lung. With increased exercise several changes occur within the circulatory system to increase the delivery of oxygen to actively respiring muscle cells.

After the teacher gave it back, she had an arrow on the introduction telling me to draw my hypothesis. ANY IDEAS??

One of the purposes of this lab is to perform statistical analysis on class data. I thought about taking the mean and standard deviation. Could I do anything else??
Reply 1
You could do standard error of the mean as well I suppose. I'd help you more about your hypothesis but you'd have to title me what the title of the laboratory experiment actually is first...?

Latest

Trending

Trending