The Student Room Group

I need help

Dunno if this is the right place to post this but I need help. I'm in yr 12, and this year in my school we have a new head of 6th form. She's said that the yr 13 didn't get to know their form tutors enough so now as yr 12s we have to go and chat to them for 15 minutes once a month so they can fill in our reference better.

But the problem is...I really really don't like my form tutor. He's really creepy and I don't want to talk to him, especially about my personal life. It's even worse for my friend because he hates her, and he acts real weird towards her. But I don't know if the head of 6th form will let me change form tutors :s-smilie: But I really don't wanna talk to my own :frown:
Reply 1
Ask if you can change if you have a concrete reason or just live with it. 15 minutes a month is not much and you don't have to give very personal information out for the purposes of a reference. If you do have special circumstances then use those reasons to press for a different referee, you don't even have to say it's because of the individual person just say you would prefer eg a lady or soandso.

Find out about the whole reference process in your school. If it's like mine even if the tutor hated me my reference would still be fine because of the number of contributors and the checks done by so many different people on the final version.
bekkijayne
Dunno if this is the right place to post this but I need help. I'm in yr 12, and this year in my school we have a new head of 6th form. She's said that the yr 13 didn't get to know their form tutors enough so now as yr 12s we have to go and chat to them for 15 minutes once a month so they can fill in our reference better.

But the problem is...I really really don't like my form tutor. He's really creepy and I don't want to talk to him, especially about my personal life. It's even worse for my friend because he hates her, and he acts real weird towards her. But I don't know if the head of 6th form will let me change form tutors :s-smilie: But I really don't wanna talk to my own :frown:

Might be worth asking if your head of 6th will write your reference.

MB

Latest

Trending

Trending