The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1
you can choose whether to have 34 or 38 week terms. you HAVE to pay for christmas i believe, and you choose whether or not to pay for easter.

or it may be the other way round.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
4Ed
you can choose whether to have 34 or 38 week terms. you HAVE to pay for christmas i believe, and you choose whether or not to pay for easter.

or it may be the other way round.

Why would anyone choose to pay for their halls for the easter if they don't have to? Or does the college rent them out to others for the duration of the holiday?
Reply 3
milon
Why would anyone choose to pay for their halls for the easter if they don't have to? Or does the college rent them out to others for the duration of the holiday?

i presume so. the college owns property in arguably the best location (and most sought after) in london. it can make £120 per room per week. think how much they'd get renting to people during the holidays!

added to that, some people may not want the hassle of moving stuff in and out of rooms, especially during/after easter, when one should really be focusing on revising for exams.

and some people may of course choose to stay in their rooms for the entire 34/8 weeks.
Reply 4
If you choose 34 weeks, I think there is storage space for your stuff (but limited, from what I read) over the easter holidays. But one thing is definate... you have you move everything out of your room.
Reply 5
In some halls you aren't allowed to stay over Easter and during that time you have to move everything out. You can store a few things for example in Beit we could put stuff in the kitchens.

We don't get half terms or reading weeks, well I don't think we do lol, maybe the odd day off once in a blue moon if ya lucky :tongue:!
Reply 6
But do we have to pay rent for the 3 weeks that they kick us out for?
Reply 7
What do you think?
Reply 8
We live in strange and disturbing times.....
Reply 9
milon
But do we have to pay rent for the 3 weeks that they kick us out for?
No, if you're not allowed the accommodation then they won't be charging you rent, thankfully! If you have a 34 week rent you pay for 34 weeks, if 38 week rent you pay for 38 weeks and can stay for easter.

Latest

Trending

Trending