The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Confirmation of accomodation?

Hey there,

I have as fortunate as to be allocated a place at Butlers Wharf (post-grad), and did everything as stated in the forms bla bla. However, it also stated that I should pay a 200 pound deposit (I have my credit card no), BUT, and many weeks have passed since, they have not deducted the amount from my account, and I did not receive some kind of official confirmation......Well, I might be a bit paranoid here, but I have experience with LSE bureaucracy, and I was wondering whether it is normal not to receive any kind of confirmation, and whether they are still GOING to deduct the amount, or I rather should hurry to get somebody on the phone:s-smilie: I REALLY would not appreciate some nasty surprise on my day of arrival...... :eek:
Reply 1
basbasics
Hey there,

I have as fortunate as to be allocated a place at Butlers Wharf (post-grad), and did everything as stated in the forms bla bla. However, it also stated that I should pay a 200 pound deposit (I have my credit card no), BUT, and many weeks have passed since, they have not deducted the amount from my account, and I did not receive some kind of official confirmation......Well, I might be a bit paranoid here, but I have experience with LSE bureaucracy, and I was wondering whether it is normal not to receive any kind of confirmation, and whether they are still GOING to deduct the amount, or I rather should hurry to get somebody on the phone:s-smilie: I REALLY would not appreciate some nasty surprise on my day of arrival...... :eek:

Same here and you are not the only one in the same boat. They received my confirmation slip and deposit 2 weeks ago and I have been waiting for them to deduct the amount from my credit card so I could see how the conversion rate would work for my card.

I sent them 2-3 emails about the situation that you brought up and I just got this response today.

"We will let you know when the payment has been taken.

Regards

Chris McMonagle
Accommodation Office"
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I was thinking the exact same thing today...LSE hasn't charged my credit card and I haven't received any sort of confirmation, so I was a bit paranoid that I would show up in London and find out that I don't have accommodation after all. Eh, it's just that I'm used to my US university, which would give confirmation of everything ASAP...LSE seems a bit more laid back.

Anyways, good to know I'm not the only one wondering about this.
Reply 3
After I sent off my deposit and form for International Hall last week, I phoned them each of the few days afterwards to check whether they'd received it.
On hearing that they had, I asked if I would receive anything in the post.
They said no, all that remained was for me to turn up when it's time.

So I don't think they are going to be e-mailing anyone with confirmations, and, in the tradition of the whole long accommodation-giving process, will take their time to deduct our monies.
Reply 4
I have still not even recieved my offer pack for internationall hall in the post. When I phoned they said I have been offered a preliminary place in international hall. The email I recieved just said I had been allocated a place in one of the intercollegiate halls. I am getting very concerned. I can't believe I have still not recieved the offer in the post.
Reply 5
erhm....might be completely wrong here...but by post?? At least I did not read anything about a confirmation by post for LSE halls....in fact I did no read ANYTHING about confirmations, hence, the post:smile: Might be different for intercollegiate halls though...
Reply 6
I'm (going to be) an undergrad student at LSE and I got confirmation of my halls via email on the 4th of August, I'm not sure why it was so early, especially considering my results hadn't even come out yet. Also, the £200 hasn't been taken yet! Will anyone here be living in High Holborn? When do we move in?
Reply 7
i received the self address postcard today with their accommodation stamp on the back, that i sent them along with the confirmation form. so im guessing that they've processed it, although havent checked if they've taken the 200 yet. ill be an undergrad at bankside, i think i move in on the 26th
Reply 8
yan2004
i received the self address postcard today with their accommodation stamp on the back, that i sent them along with the confirmation form. so im guessing that they've processed it, although havent checked if they've taken the 200 yet. ill be an undergrad at bankside, i think i move in on the 26th

Hi there

I'm just wondering if it'd be a good idea to arrive early say 26th Sept cuz at the moment my flight is due to arrive in the morning on 28th and if this seems to be too late for some formal or informal activities both at Rosebery hall and at LSE itself, I'd consider changing my flight schedule. Also I haven't received my self address postcard back so I assume that the 200 quid deposit has not been taken yet. Umm, as everyone has said, I'm now a bit concerned if I'd have a place to live when I actually get there! :eek: Btw,I'll be reading Bsc Econ and will be at Rosebery Hall( if after all they give me a confirmation)
Hope to see everyone around :smile: