The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You've still got others, don't worry about it. Go into your Sheffield interview relaxed and confident and forget about what you think happened today - you never know you might still get an offer.
Reply 21
Peppe thats not a bad answer..its just how u presented that answer...if u came across cold about it then the examiner might be thinking does this guy have a heart or if you said it in a more emotional way that answer might not have been so bad...
arpeggio
Had my St George's interview today. I nervously jibbered on, and on, and on, without taking a breath, yet somehow managed to avoid answering the actual questions. One question they asked me 3 times as I didn't answer it properly the first time.

Pity really; they were all so friendly and it seemed like somewhere I could see myself, but I've blown it now and shall be awaiting my rejection some time in the next few days.

Onto Sheffield tomorrow then.

I actually feel exactly the same way about my interview. :/
Reply 23
I had my Liverpool one today. It wasn't great, but it was "ok" I suppose. He got a bit pissy at me at one point 'cos I said I was a leader and he said "well that's not teamwork then, is it?". That was gay. And they just harped on and on and on about PBL and teamwork. How many things can you say about it?!?!?!?!?! Probably a rejection from there.
Reply 24
Don't worry about it. I fell silent for about 10 seconds in mid sentence when I lost my train of thought at one point ... man that was awkward. Had to have one of the interviewers say 'and ...?'
Reply 25
They kept asking questinos about teamwork (in a different way and random things) so either I wasn't answering the question properly or they were just testing me. The doctors who intervied me were two introverted ******* though, oh great.
Reply 26
Do you mean they were passive and didn't respond in any way to your answers (like what they're probably trained to be like, and what they were like to me)?
Aaahhh... Nottingham and Bristol done now. And I don't feel particularly great about either. At one point one of my interviewers shut his eyes for about 5 minutes and didn't look at me at all. He also started doodling on my personal statement. So that was encouraging. Plus the more I think about my interviews the more I realise what I could have done A LOT better.

Argh - I hate this...
Reply 28
Yeah wlel they did that too. Gave me no indication if I was saying the right thing or not.

Example:
I:What examples of teamwork have you been in?
M: d of e etc tec standard answers
I: So, are youa leader or a follwere
M: balanced answer about bit of both etc
I: How do you cope if there's an argument?
M: long pause....stay calm, be mature, come to compromise
I:h:ow do teams work in Medicine?
Went on and on like that basically, until he finally asked me an ethical question!
J's Anatomy
Aaahhh... Nottingham and Bristol done now. And I don't feel particularly great about either. At one point one of my interviewers shut his eyes for about 5 minutes and didn't look at me at all. He also started doodling on my personal statement. So that was encouraging. Plus the more I think about my interviews the more I realise what I could have done A LOT better.

Argh - I hate this...

bristol rejected less than 50 people after interview the year i applied, so as long as you didn't wet yourself or confess to being a bnp member i'm sure it was fine....
Reply 30
bright star
bristol rejected less than 50 people after interview the year i applied, so as long as you didn't wet yourself or confess to being a bnp member i'm sure it was fine....

Erm ... help? :rofl:
Reply 31
Bleurgh Sheffield... despite getting up at 5:00 this morning, I got there at 11:59 for the 12:00 tour! I hate trains :frown: I don't think the interview went well at all because it was very short (about 10-15 minutes - it should have been 20) and I came out thinking there was a lot I should have mentioned but didn't. Also there were quite a few times where I said things without thinking that they then picked up on and probed me further.

My interviewers were really nice though, and Sheffield's amazing :love: I hate the fact that there's now nothing more I can do about half my choices though; it just feels a bit helpless. Nothing to do now but wait...
I only did my Nottingham interview on Friday and Bristol on Monday - but I keep checking Track every few hours!!!! I know there'll be nout on there but I'm seriously addicted. *Sigh* This is going to be a long few months.... :s-smilie:
Reply 33
J's Anatomy
I only did my Nottingham interview on Friday and Bristol on Monday - but I keep checking Track every few hours!!!! I know there'll be nout on there but I'm seriously addicted. *Sigh* This is going to be a long few months.... :s-smilie:

Same, especially now the offers/rejections are starting to come through... SGUL's last November interview date is tomorrow so the results of this batch will be out next week; I'm terrified tbh! Did Nottingham say you had to wait till March for the outcome?
Reply 34
I'm not doing Medicine but an doing Dentistry, but feel comforted by what people have said about how they feel after interviews - I feel EXACTLY the same. :redface:
If Nottingham have the same 'wait until March' policy as Liverpool i will just burst into tears.
yeah, suspense kills you. Well, didnt kill me, but then I was usually too out of my mind to notice :/
arpeggio
Did Nottingham say you had to wait till March for the outcome?

Yup - how unfair! But one of the current med students I was talking to said she got her offer in January because her interview was one of the first. But still, January seems a long way away...
it does... altho in reality it could mean just over a month
I also have no idea how my interview went, it was at Glasgow, they didn't ask much about my personal statement which worried me...more medical issues and strengths/weaknesses etc...now have a long wait till March..eek!

Latest

Trending

Trending