The Student Room Group

Interview dress code

Sorry if this has been answered already in a thread but I did look, and couldn't find it if so.
Manchester physics interview tomorrow, no dress code in the letter, am I ok to turn up in a shirt/purple jumper and some grey pants/jeans?
i wouldn't wear jeans somthing as casual as jeans

but i also wouldn't wear a suit

go for some proper trousers, and a smartish shirt, and a maybe a jacket or summin to keep warm...
Reply 2
Pants would be better than jeans, but you probably don't need to go as smart as tie and jacket. Shirt and jumper sounds fine.
Reply 3
smart trousers and a shirt, with whatever jacket you want (not denim) over that?
orrrr smart trousers, shirt and jumper on top...?
Reply 4
I'm a physicist at Manchester. At my interview I turned up in jeans and a jumper. Still got an offer. They don't care. As long as you don't attack your interviewer, you're fine. You've got an interview because they're going to give you an offer as long as you turn up. Just relax and enjoy the day. It's quite an enjoyable experience. The interview is only half an hour or so and you don't really get any hugely technical questions. You'll be fine.
With the possible exception of medics, it really doesn't matter what you wear.
Don't just wear pants, make sure you put some trousers on too.. :redface: (sorry everyone, that was poor, I know :p:)
Reply 7
RosiePosiePuddingAndPie
Don't just wear pants, make sure you put some trousers on too.. :redface: (sorry everyone, that was poor, I know :p:)

honestly! *shows u the door* :biggrin:

I was thinking the same for my interview, i like black jeans, so I will probably turn up in black jeans & a casual shirt (grey with small black square lattice pattern).

BUT - I'l have to leave my £80 denim jacket at home :frown:

*ediy* just bought a couple of these in black: clicky
Reply 8
Just dress up however you feel comfortable. I know some lecturers actually dislike try-hards in suits, so do not wear a suit.. Just try to look like a normal 17-18 year old.