The Student Room Group

Betting Tips & Discussion

Scroll to see replies

After tomorrow, I'll know how all the teams are like. It'll be perfect.
justfarhan
I think Tunisia and Saudi could be evenly matched

Consider that Tunisia have Roger Lemerre, the coaching genius who led France to no goals and no wins in 2002.
Germany vs. Poland is going to be a bit of a tough one...with Poland changing to their qualification matches' formation of 4-4-2...
Reply 223
Poland will be resurgent I don't doubt it. But my Germany will not lose, that's for certain.

Not sure Germany's odds appeal to me enough. Might stick a fiver on Germany/Germany. Be more adventurous with the Spain game.
Reply 224
Today I lost:

£20 on Brazil and France to win
£5 on Brazil to win and 3 or more goals scored
£5 on Brazil/Brazil, France/France and Korea to win.

but £10 on just Brazil/Brazil got me £22 so only lost £18 for the day, could have been worse, and it's fine considering I had a good day yesterday.

Tomorrow I've got:
Spain and Draw, Tunisia and Draw, Germany - £20 wins £38.42
Spain, Tunisia and Germany - £10 wins £47.43

Was slightly worried about Ukraine or Saudi Arabia snatching a draw hence the double chance bets...
Both Spain and Ukraine are good teams...thats a tough one too!
Spain are better than Ukraine IMO.
Original post by G&#949
Both Spain and Ukraine are good teams...thats a tough one too!

*Spain are a group of talented individuals; Ukraine are a "good team".

Q: What are the best odds on Luis Garcia to score at any time during the match.
Reply 228
Probably around 6/7 to 1.

Im definitely going for Spain/Tunisia/Ger.

Germany have an awesome history of beating Poland. Ukraine are without Shev, which is big... but they won't conceed many. Tunisia should squeeze by SA.

It's what SHOULD happen.

Then again, let's look at what SHOULD have happened today. Ugh.
I'm not going to risk it with the Tunisia match. Might aswell earn less than lose!
RobbieC
Germany have an awesome history of beating Poland.

Oh really?! :eek:

Invading is a possible substitute word - it's a phenomenon which has occurred most recently in the Middle East, when Peter invaded Jordan.
Ron Stoppable
Oh really?! :eek:

Invading is a possible substitute word - it's a phenomenon which has occurred most recently in the Middle East, when Peter invaded Jordan.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p:
chewwy
i wouldn't have bought that.

Why?
justfarhan
I'm not going to risk it with the Tunisia match. Might aswell earn less than lose!

If Tunisia cant beat Saudia ill hang up my betting boots.
Think ill stick to betting on sure fire accums from now on though, going to have to wait for one to come up
Reply 234
I've covered my back by putting small bets on poss of Spain/Tun drawing. I'm putting faith in a Germany win though.

All three to win for a tenner, and the other less likely events at 2 bob each. Should at least break even if Germany do their job.
Peter_The_Great
Had £250 on Brazil to beat Croatia at 2/5, now up £100 after one match!

Wish i had the bottle to do that.
Double Chance...

Argentina v Serbia & Montenegro:

ARG OR DRAW 1.11
SERB OR DRAW 2.00
ARG OR SERB 1.25

Mexico v Angola:

MEXI OR DRAW 1.05
ANGO OR DRAW 2.62
MEXI OR ANGO 1.25
Reply 237
Those odds are shocking.
Reply 238
Today i have

£10 on Germany to win (was a free bet)
£5 on Germany/Spain or draw/Tunisia or draw

If i win both i will make £10.10 profit so im really counting on Germany to win here .. the double chances shouldnt be a problem.
Reply 239
I have faith in Germany, but Poland will be resurgent, so look out. They could steal a draw... though it's not for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest