The Student Room Group

Betting Tips & Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Ha, I'm starting to really get into the whole live betting thing now. Won £3.55 with a £5 on Korea to win the first corner hehe.

Stuck another few quid (after Togo scored) on Korea to win, and a few pounds the other way incase Togo hold on to their lead, so I get my money back for the Korea bet. As you can see, I really don't think it'll be a draw.
Those who use Betfair...how does the commision/fee thing work...?
I've only just started using it, and I haven't come across any fees yet. Maybe there are none, or maybe I'm not bothered by them enough to find out :biggrin:
I am really getting the hang of this now :smile: Just won another £3 for a bet on 2 or more goals.
Reply 144
Korea are sure to win it now aswell, togo down to 10 men. Nice work :yy:
justfarhan
I've only just started using it, and I haven't come across any fees yet. Maybe there are none, or maybe I'm not bothered by them enough to find out :biggrin:

"Commission

You do not pay tax at Betfair, and commission is only paid on your net winnings on each market. This is particularly beneficial if you have multiple bets on a single market such as the Premiership Winner market. Some of your bets may win, some may lose, however you only pay commission on your NET winnings. If your bets in a particular market amount to a net loss, you do not pay commission.

We offer a customer incentive scheme. You can receive a discount off the standard Market Base Rate dependent on how much you bet. The more you bet, the larger the discount you receive. This is known as your Discount Rate."
I never understand commision or fees or taxes, so I'm not bothered lol.

I put a £4 bet on Korea to win (when they were losing), and I win £24-something if they do. :biggrin:
Grr, they're taking time to pay my moneyy.
Reply 148
there it is :smile:
get in.
Reply 150
jose
there it is :smile:

2-1 Korea? I was gonna put a bet on just then for Korea winning and the odds were alright but decided not to, ah well :rolleyes:
Reply 151
There's more goals for Korea in this game.
Reply 152
jose
There's more goals for Korea in this game.

The odds are shooting up for Korea to score the 4th goal .. 3.5 .. worth a bet then?
Looks like I've won over £30 for this game. A game in which I thought was unpredictable :rolleyes:

And France and Brazil are yet to play?! :eek:

I wonder if I'll pass the 100 mark for today? That's if I'm allowed to stay on the comp during the France match :biggrin: I know I will be on the comp for the Brazil one though.
Reply 154
Cortez
The odds are shooting up for Korea to score the 4th goal .. 3.5 .. worth a bet then?

Maybe not now, they've just brought on a defender for a striker. They're gonna try to kill it off.
Reply 155
jose
Maybe not now, they've just brought on a defender for a striker. They're gonna try to kill it off.

Ah wondered why the odds were going up ... 4.33 now! :p:

I really need to watch these games while im betting so i can see who has best possesion etc.
Reply 156
Live betting without following the game sounds tricky! Stick radio 5 on if you can't get to a tv. They have the best commentary anyway.
Reply 157
Well i havent really been doing live betting yet but it seems like a fairly easy way to make a bit of extra money instead of just betting on the winner beforehand. I could watch it on the bbc website but that will be laggy for my bro gaming :p:

Tonight though in the Brazil match i should be watching it because they are always exciting to watch and i might place some live bets then.

Just realised i have got S. Korea in the sweepstake at work so im one step closer to some money! (Top 4 win ££) :biggrin:
Reply 158
Ah ok, i haven't been live betting either. I've got an accumulator on France/Brazil/Germany/Argentina fot he rest of the week. Then my outrights which i've mentioned before. Korea didn't score - glad no one followed my 'more goals' prediction...
Those into cricket or want to bet on cricket...there is the England vs. Ireland match going on at the moment...! You may want to watch it live on the BBC site...and put a few bets on...

Quick Reply

Latest