The Student Room Group

Surrey or Bangor or Swansea or Kent ?

Hello Everybody,

I am an Economics graduate from India. I have offers from the following universities:

1. MSc - Financial Services Management from Univ of Surrey
2. MSc - Banking & Finance from Univ of Bangor
3. MSc - Finance from Univ of Swansea
4. MSc - Economics & Finance from Univ of Kent

I have checked league tables and the data is very confusing.

Most important criterion for me would be Job prospects after post-graduation. Therefore, I wanted to know if employers regularly visit any of these universities for campus recruitment ? (If they do, do they recruit students from these programs?)

Any info/suggestion would be of great help.

Thanks in advance,
Niv
Reply 1
mate university of kent anyday. its one of the most respected unis is the uk for economics, plus it has a very good reputation for research in econ. go for it
Reply 2
I'm doing an MSc at Swansea - let me know if you want any more info about it. Swansea's OK, good nightlife and good beaches, I wish I'd gone to Surrey though. I went to the open day and it seemed like a really good uni for Business/Economics subjects.

I reckon from the ones you mention that Surrey or Kent would probably have the best reputations.
Reply 3
Hello!

I would strongly suggest you accept Swansea's offer. Swansea is a great city, and will offer you much better prospects in the long run than any of the others.

I would especially urge you not to go to Bangor. It is literally a dump. I cant imagine Kent is much better.

Swansea has an excellent reputation, excellent research in economics and very friendly people.

All the best!!!
Reply 4
Holy 2 year old thread necromancy Batman!
Reply 5
Quick, shoot it in the head before it infects us all!
I'll start getting the shovel...
Reply 7
Kent is a very good Uni !
Reply 8
Swanseaaaaaaaa

Latest