Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
simeon
Apart from all the non-student Managers and staff obviously.:wink:

well, to be fair without them there'd be no continuity and the whole place would be a shambles
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
simeon
Learn your History, and watch more War films!

I actually know this, and the dogs name has since been edited out of showings. It is still shocking.
Reply 42
alex-hs
well, to be fair without them there'd be no continuity and the whole place would be a shambles

I'm assuming that was said tongue-in-cheek?:wink:
Reply 43
blone_bomb
I actually know this, and the dogs name has since been edited out of showings. It is still shocking.

I hate 'revisionist' history.

It happened, why change it?

How will people learn from past mistakes if the mistakes are made to 'disappear'?
Reply 44
well, you know, more of a shambles
Reply 45
blone_bomb
My personal tutor last year had a dog named nigger. I was rather shocked to say the least!
that is shocking and disgraceful. However i am black and i will still go to nottingham, just because one teacher may or may not be racist, does not mean the rest are, still if i had an encounter with that tutor he wouldn't know what hit him.
Reply 46
i guess that he is just an exception. i can see that people try to more and more tolerant nowadays.

anyway, any other bad things about nottingham?
Reply 47
The big fat hill behind Portland and the one to the catered halls is a pain to climb when you're nackered. And I hate the girls who wear trackie bottoms, hoodies and uggs in an attempt to look like they just rolled out of bed, but then have their faces caked in makeup, and their hair up in some kinda "I just pulled my hair into a ponytail and all these bits fell out" when you can tell it took them half hour to get it looking like that. Grr.
i like the downs, don't diss the downs :p:
Reply 49
Having to walk across campus to Biomolecular Sciences for lectures in arts subjects (!) - especially at 4 or 5 when it's dark and cold.
Reply 50
The fact that it's colder than Kent?

After much thought this is honestly the only bad thing I've come up with. The crime thing's irrelevant as it's only as "bad" as anywhere else and I've not met any students who've come across anything serious yet, my course is everything it promised to be and more....can't think of owt
Reply 51
Its a little full of rich kids for my liking. Don't get my wrong, you find all types of people here but its generally quite dominated by people I used to call "the plastics". I guess universities in general are gonna be dominated by the middle class by their nature though. Also too many southerners :biggrin:

Regarding the university itself, I don't really like how far it is from the city, I would have quite enjoyed living actually in the city, not a 20minute bus ride from it.

Also, if anybody ever mentions crime to you I'd tell them to shut up :biggrin: Nottingham city is a great place, it has its dark corners (what city doesn't?) but its not difficult to work out where they are and quite simply enjoy them. The uni is in a great place and I haven't seen any crime as of yet.
Reply 52

I find the whole city/Lenton area really grotty and depressing. Campus with the lake, Trent etc. is nice but I'm just sick of Nottm after 2 1/2 years here. It's much nicer in summer, I must say.
Reply 53
i'm just wondering whether there is a huge chinese population...
Reply 54
I dislike the money I'm paying to live at Broadgate, the lack of good lighting around the Uni outside (seems pretty dangerous to me, not that anything's ever happened to me) and the geese... they scare me. Apart from that I'm loving it and having a great time! :biggrin:
there is a large asian population due to the fact that we have an exchange programme with asian universities and we have a china campus. but there would be a large chinese population at any uk uni.
Reply 56
Too many southerners!? I've spent the last 12wks having the mick taken out of me for being a "posh southerner" by the loads of northerners we have on our campus...who are in actual fact posher than I am by MILES.
We've got a fair few people with a bit of money on our course, but I think that's more to do with the course I'm on than anything.
Reply 57
Dare I ask what course you're on? :p:
Reply 58
i'm from hong kong and i've been studying in the south east for 2 years and probably planning to come up to the north! actually i only applied to unis in the north so yea. :wink:
nottingham isn't in the north. we're in the MIDLANDS. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending