The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
oh right..thanks for correcting!
but north to me was like anything above london on the map. so i was wrong.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
I know it's technically in the midlands, but I think of it as north really...I come from Kent and a family of south londoners...making anything above the Thames North :tongue:

I do vet med, to who was asking :smile:
Reply 62
i come from hong kong and currently studying in east sussex! so going up from the south to the "north".
Reply 63
The worst thing if your studying on Jubilee is the fact that the ducks, geese, swans and heron's deficate everywhere and anywhere that is humanly possible.

On the Chinese note i've noticed there to be quite a high level of people from Oriental descent.

With regards crime i have seen a lot more crime in my hometown which is Cambridge.
Reply 64
there's a lot crime in Cambridge?!
Reply 65
seems to be a bit of an echo in here...
Reply 66
lol agree...
Reply 67
LisaPizza
I hate the girls who wear trackie bottoms, hoodies and uggs in an attempt to look like they just rolled out of bed, but then have their faces caked in makeup, and their hair up in some kinda "I just pulled my hair into a ponytail and all these bits fell out" when you can tell it took them half hour to get it looking like that. Grr.

Hahahahaha oh I love that too.
Also whoever said there aren't stuck up posh people... the fact that I actually overheard two saying "yarr oh my god, I can't believe there are so many state school people here yarr!" was two too many for my liking but heyho. I just chuckle to myself that I managed to get into the same uni that they did without spending £1000s in the process.
But anyway... the only thing about Nottingham I dislike is the fact that it's not in town & so public transport & taxis have to become your "best friends". As long as you don't get left outside Oceana on your own (I speak from experience) & have to pay £9 to get back to BGP - after serious bartering - it doesn't set you back too much.
Reply 68
When you walk around University Campus, you actually think that all these girls are clones. No joke, some of them are really hot but some of them just look plain stupid!
Reply 69
Ugg boots, big hair with highlights, leavers 07 hoody, just-returned-from-thailand-in-my-gap-year-tan?
the sad thing is though, you'll find exactly the same thing at every other uni. so it's not really a big deal.
Reply 71
That's true. If you look at a lot of the top 15 Universities, you'll find a lot of these people. Not all of them are bad, but the thing that annoys me is that these people always seem pissed off at something or the other.
Reply 72
Oooooh... is this why the "Mooch" bar (daft name*) is full of pretentious students every time I go there? Campus is full of them?

*And don't get me started on "The Venue". Outstanding lack of imagination there. Missed a trick not calling it "I Can't Believe It's Not The Buttery".
Reply 73
New thought. Definitely the worst aspect. No contest. Here it is:

The English department.

[edit] Saw sixth formers on a campus tour today and overheard one of them mention English. If you're thinking of taking it here, don't do it.
Reply 74
It can't be THAT bad surely? What's wrong with English at Nottingham? I know there's ahrdly any contact time with English....but that's the same at EVERY university. Anyway, i'm not doing English, but it's nice to know:biggrin:
Reply 75
well i'm actually planning to do english, so please can you 'elaborate on the subject' :smile: what does 'any contact time with English' mean?!

well i must say i'm kind of puzzled now...
Reply 76
my juleh
Reply 77
v2006
my juleh

well it does not explain a good deal :frown:
sssh
New thought. Definitely the worst aspect. No contest. Here it is:

The English department.

[edit] Saw sixth formers on a campus tour today and overheard one of them mention English. If you're thinking of taking it here, don't do it.

What's wrong with the English department? I think the department is excellent, personally.
The worst thing about the economics department @ nottingham is that they don't give us reading weeks and they do set extremely heavy workload in 3rd year!

When I was in 1st year, 2nd years and 3rd years had their reading week and we were told, "Well, first year's all easy stuff and you don't need a reading week."

When I was in 2nd year, our reading week was cancelled, and we were told, "Hmmm, we can't cut our lecture time to make a week for you to relax."

Now I'm in my 3rd year, and the school of economics finally announced that no more reading week for all economics students! Come on, we've got 4 extended essays to do!

Latest

Trending

Trending