The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I never got emailed randomly. I asked about the UKCAT scores this year.

It really doesn't matter what uni it is if it is true as it would be all unis.
Reply 21
*hoping they will remove the abstract part*
markyp23

It really doesn't matter what uni it is if it is true as it would be all unis.

FFS you're not under the National Secrets Act here, just tell us so the people applying there can do their own investigations...I mean you're not fabricating all of this are you?
Reply 23
I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that it's Edinburgh, only because OP has posted about that medical school. :redface:
Reply 24
Noo! Not Edinburgh =(
Reply 25
Im guessing its no university and the OP is just bull****ting, but hey, that would almost be the wise thing to do, and god forbid that happened on TSR....
Reply 26
nnkuk
Im guessing its no university and the OP is just bull****ting, but hey, that would almost be the wise thing to do, and god forbid that happened on TSR....

Well, there's that too.
Reply 27
nnkuk

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

Here's a cookie...
Reply 28
Wouldn't everyone have been informed if there had been an error? Maybe the *mystery* university made a mistake in their email.
Reply 29
It'd be a lot better if the OP didn't paraphrase the email either.
Tabris
I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that it's Edinburgh, only because OP has posted about that medical school. :redface:

That's a good guess and it is one of my four choices. However I do have four choices. :wink:

Anyway, I'll see what UKCAT say when I get that email back and if I've been lied to I will post the email in full from the offending uni.
nnkuk

Oh no. Someone on the internet doesn't believe me... :frown:
Reply 32
Who cares if there is a mistake. If you have put your score on your application then the unis will definatley be able to see them. I personally think this is a rumour and nufin more.
Reply 33
markyp23
That's a good guess and it is one of my four choices. However I do have four choices. :wink:

Anyway, I'll see what UKCAT say when I get that email back and if I've been lied to I will post the email in full from the offending uni.

Hey, do that, screen shot and what not, forward it, and I will apologise for doubting, but it seems odd.
i'll ask someone tomorrow for you :smile:
Reply 35
I want my money back for non-cognitive.
Rather annoying reply from UKCAT; what else did I expect?

EDIT: I have replied with the following - don't know if I will get a response -

I was informed that all medical schools would only receive 3 of the 4 components rather than 4 as there was a "problem" with one of the sections (for all candidates). I'd be surprised if that information was not available through Pearson Vue as they would have to notify the university to begin with.

Which section was there a problem with?

Regards,
Reply 37
You know that we can still see your name is Mark Kimble.

It's not like we're going to stalk you.
Reply 38
If it is true, how come you got the email but no one else, telling you about the problem.
Tabris
You know that we can still see your name is Mark Kimble.

It's not like we're going to stalk you.

I did notice my ineptness in leaving it in but the only reason I was going to take it out was to add fuel to the fire that said I was lying. :smile:

a5if - It's because I emailed them to ask originally. I don't think I could have made that any more clear (on more than one occasion).