The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Im on the options program with the intent of becoming a part time section manager whilst still at uni, i attend workshops every other week ( although this has now been suspended due to xmas). The workshops are a small group usually around 6 or so with my personnel manager, ask someone to have a look at the booklets you will have to complete.
Im currently grocery team leader and will probably be going to an assessment center in may next year to undertake the assessment for the options scheme. This involves spending time in another store and dealing with different scenarios.

There is no minimum age as im only 19 myself and no minimum time frame you have to be at the company, infact it is possible to join the company for the scheme alone.
Might be slightly off topic but does anybody know how Tesco Swiftswap works? If the other person agrees can I get them to do one of my shifts without doing one of theirs or do I have to do one of theirs?
Reply 3
babes_and_bootnecks
Might be slightly off topic but does anybody know how Tesco Swiftswap works? If the other person agrees can I get them to do one of my shifts without doing one of theirs or do I have to do one of theirs?

You're supposed to take one of their shifts in return for one of yours however, it can be arranged that they take on of your shifts as "overtime" and you are then not paid for it. Its you that looses out on the money, of course this is at the digression of your manager.
Reply 4
Ok thank you for that, but do you think I would be too younh as im only 16?
Reply 5
madhattertom
Ok thank you for that, but do you think I would be too younh as im only 16?

Yes, id say you were too young. You'd have a much better chance at 18+, I'd suggest looking into the tesco NVQ program or going to college and sitting A levels and taking part in the A level options scheme.
Reply 6
Ok thanks, yeah I go to college and do a Np in business, work 15.30 hours a week at tesco.
Options looks good, but my Tesco are animals they want you working all hours of the day hence my reluctance to do overtime for them.

Latest

Trending

Trending