The Student Room Group

Resits

Hi, having a bit of trouble with the UCAS form... I've read the FAQ but didn't see what I wanted there.

I'm doing 5 A Levels (including gen studies) and I'm predicted AAAAA. At AS Level I got AAABB, B's coming from ICT and History.

So I'm resitting one module in each (C in ICT, D in History) to get the A at A2. However, I have no real idea how to note this down. Do I put the module I'm gonna resit as pending on the A2 and leave it on the AS? Or do I put the grade I got at AS on the A2?

How does the university know I'm resitting?

Cheers.
Reply 1
The best thing to do is go and read the wiki. That should answer all of your questions. if it doesn't, then post back here and I'll update the wiki to help future people.
I'm in a similar situation. At AS I got AAABC, and I'm going to retake a couple of the modules so I can afford to do a little worse in my A2 exams--which is something which is bound to happen, anyway--but I couldn't find solid information regarding this in the Wiki. I have put the grades I've achieved for the modules for the AS qualifications, and I've done the same for the A2 ones; however, I don't know whether I need to set them as "Pending", Cuzza.
i put mine in so unis could see it was only 1 module i fluffed up!
Reply 4
How does this look for my qualification's bit on the UCAS form:

I found this (below) which seemed to clear a few things up, but I'm still not sure.

Your AS levels were certificated in 2007, and you are retaking some/all units to achieve a higher overall grade

Enter your AS subject and grade achieved in 2007 with the achieved unit results if you wish. Then, enter the AS level again for 2008 (to cover the re-sit) with the pending unit grades, even if you are taking the subject on to A level. We need to know about the AS level re-sits for matching purposes to enable us to pass on the potentially new AS grade to your chosen universities and colleges.

Anyone mind telling me if I've done stuff right? The 2 AS levels for 08 are the resits...
argh i didn't do that...o well!
Reply 6
I don't think i'm quite following...
I'm resitting the A2 year of ICT, on the ucas form i put on two A level ICT, one with all my current grades, and the 2nd with only 3 modules all as pending. That seems to be the same as cuzza who posted the picture...

Just need some one to verify please?
Reply 7
Yeah me too :smile: PLEASE :biggrin:

It gets so complicated when you have to resit in your gap year, still don't get it completely. :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending