The Student Room Group

Coursework ideas which are related to biology concepts

Heya :smile:

I need to hand in my initial coursework ideas tomorrow and i have come up with nothing :s-smilie: I don't exactly have a keen interest in physics so i am trying to think of a project that is related to biology in some way. Now, all i can think of is bone strength, the eyes and light, and the ear and sound. However, i have no idea what i would measure in these investigations, what my aim would be and how i would carry out such an experiment.

Any ideas about the above, or any other suggestions on biology related topics for physics would be truly appreciated.

If no-one has any suggestions for bio related topics then chemistry related ideas would be just as useful.

Thanks
Reply 1
No one? Would i be able to do something to do with UV light and the affect of different sun creams? Or would this be too simple?
Reply 2
Hearing thresholds at different frequencies. Might be intersting to see what the effect of heavy MP3 use is :wink:
Reply 3
Good idea! Any idea how i can do that though?
Reply 4
Now the physics comes in - look at the frequency response of speakers. YOu'll need a good signal generator - and a few subjects.

There are many good references to the physics of hearing around - look up decibel:wink:

Latest