Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Somali Society

Announcements Posted on
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mombasa Raha)
    What's your favourite song?
    The ones with K'naan :awesome:

Joke I like Patience & Strong will continue...
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Where I'm from it's Somalian :hand:

I even wear hats perched atop my afro.

Not too bad, walking life's roads and finding little by the roadside. Yourself?
    Drowning in the misery of TSR and Gap years :nopity:

The Somali people have unanimously decided that Somalian was not an acceptable term :fyi:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    Some solider who killed and injured his fellow soldiers. Me too, they're dicks. They even kill sheiks and innocent men/women under the guise of Islam.
    The value of human blood is nothing to them. Anyone who rushes to spill blood of any sort should really question his motives.

Which qabil are you?

Oh Oh
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:

Which qabil are you?
    :rofl2: I don't even know, I remember being told but wasn't paying too much attention
    Which one are you?

(Original post by In2deep)

*tries to abstain from inserting sexist joke*
    Do me a favour, love :hand:
    • 78 followers

ReputationRep:
    Drowning in the misery of TSR and Gap years :nopity:

The Somali people have unanimously decided that Somalian was not an acceptable term :fyi:
    I'm one of you and I think it is :p:

Oh ok, did you flop your application or just gapping for lols?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Oh ok, did you flop your application or just gapping for lols?
    :rofl2: :rofl2:

Medicine reapplicant :nopity: Interview at Southampton a few days ago, no reply yet. King's are giving me the silent treatment and Keele & UEA have rejected me
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skaiyote)
    :rofl2: I don't even know, I remember being told but wasn't paying too much attention
    Which one are you?

Do me a favour, love :hand:

You are both from the Ishaaq clan, almost a sure thing considering you're both from "Somaliland".

And you know you like them jokes :gah:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tNod)
    That's all the Somalis left.
    Yes! Now they're all in Norway,Sweden,Holland, Canada and the UK.

And the state of Minneapolis. :rofl2:

Might join them next time I'm down there.
    I've never been there. What parts have you been to?
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Strictly Somali, irrelevant to where I'm from

Spoiler:
    Show
    Mother from Mugadishu, dad from Kismayo
    An interracial couple? I am impressed.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    The value of human blood is nothing to them. Anyone who rushes to spill blood of any sort should really question his motives.

Oh Oh
    That's what power does to you. One has to wonder whether they truly believe what they're doing is right. And which one are you?

Which one are you?
    Darod, I think.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The ones with K'naan :awesome:

Joke I like Patience & Strong will continue...
    Haha..their's one where he sings in Somali. I don't know what he says though :rolleyes:

Patience is probably my favourite. I also like the song the sample was taken from...pretty awesome, even though the song isn't in English :cool:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's what power does to you. One has to wonder whether they truly believe what they're doing is right. And which one are you?

Darod, I think.
    Really? :confused: Darod? From Somaliland?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iYHUDnf44g...mali-clans.jpg

So I'm I :smug:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    I've never been there. What parts have you been to?
    Afmadow. Basically, just Somalia close to Kenyan borders. Still was a scary journey though. Had to sleep outside with some lions in the background and **** but luckly being a westerner I had the privilege of sleeping in the car (5 seats with 20-30 mans in the back). Although, this was in '07 now Al-shabab control the area so it's even worse.
    • 78 followers

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2: :rofl2:

Medicine reapplicant :nopity: Interview at Southampton a few days ago, no reply yet. King's are giving me the silent treatment and Keele & UEA have rejected me
    Bad times, how did your interview go though?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really? :confused: Darod? From Somaliland?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iYHUDnf44g...mali-clans.jpg

So I'm I :smug:
    Nah, ogaden (so could claim be a Ethiopian).
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think Al Shabab worry everyone
    I despise them to be honest. They are the only thing preventing Somalia from being a peaceful stable country. The tribal wars are pretty much over, it's now Al Shabab who are the threat.

They're uttery dangerous and evil. Last year they killed people for watching the World Cup for heaven sakes. Who on earth would want to live under a regime like that?

Give me the TFG any day of the week
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mombasa Raha)
    Haha..their's one where he sings in Somali. I don't know what he says though :rolleyes:

Patience is probably my favourite. I also like the song the sample was taken from...pretty awesome, even though the song isn't in English :cool:
    Yeah it's in Africa must wake up where he sings in Somali :yy:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesar Lecat)
    I despise them to be honest. They are the only thing preventing Somalia from being a peaceful stable country. The tribal wars are pretty much over, it's now Al Shabab who are the threat.

They're uttery dangerous and evil. Last year they killed people for watching the World Cup for heaven sakes. Who on earth would want to live under a regime like that?

Agree, they are a bunch of nutters.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesar Lecat)

This pretty much.

I think a lot of foreign meddling is definitely a huge cause as well. Regional powers don't want a stable Somalia. Foreign powers don't want to see another problem in the Middle-East.

Our history as a pretty aggressive military regime with offensive patriotic targets doesn't really help our cause either.

At the end of the day, the status quo benefits a lot of international parties while our stabilisation would benefit no one other than us.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I agree. It's surprising that we only really prospered under a brutal dictator. I'd choose Barre over TFG, there far too weak and ineffective. Somali needs a leader with a backbone.
Updated: December 18, 2013
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.