The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
mizfissy815
Agreed.
Which is why I think that it's probably our generation or the next that will be able to reconcile the two sides. After all, what Siad Barre did isn't a representative of the South...The finger pointing never leads to anywhere; a state where the law is based on the Quran and Sunnah can lead to great things on the other hand.

walaal you have to be pragmatic, Islam is definately the only way of uniting all Somalis however, in our state even those that call themselves Sheikhs are killing innocents and not tying to help anone except themselves using this farsade of driving out the ethiopeans as an excuse the shell innocents indiscriminantly just as the TFG is.

Why then should Somaliland be held hostage whilst if they break up from the rest of Somalia they can prosper and feed its inhabitants. If having a Islamic state is not pragmatic and not going to happen then Somalialnd should have the next best thing which is the ability to look after its own citizen through being recognised. However, if they are not recognised they will still be living in this hardship they are use to.

I feel the same way about my little sisters which are 14, when one of our relatives wants to speak to them they hide because they cannot put a proper sentance of somali together. But inshalh they will learn, maybe its because they are the youngest but who knows.
Reply 101
Let's all talk about something which is not as mind straigning eh? :biggrin:

When I go somaliland am gonna take loadssssa pics and upload them on here :p: but beware i'll take millionsssssss!

so far I wanna go to ambassador hotel, mansoor, old football stadium in my village ermm not tha zoo cuz they'll make me touch animals and im scare dof everyhting inc. cats :eek:

errrr not sure where else to go, i wudda gone visited the somali version of houses of parliament but i think cuz im a female i wont be able to, unlike my brother who got too see it

anywhere else? :cool:
Reply 102
Lujayne
Let's all talk about something which is not as mind straigning eh? :biggrin:

When I go somaliland am gonna take loadssssa pics and upload them on here :p: but beware i'll take millionsssssss!

so far I wanna go to ambassador hotel, mansoor, old football stadium in my village ermm not tha zoo cuz they'll make me touch animals and im scare dof everyhting inc. cats :eek:

errrr not sure where else to go, i wudda gone visited the somali version of houses of parliament but i think cuz im a female i wont be able to, unlike my brother who got too see it

anywhere else? :cool:

If your not gonna just be based in hargeisa I would say sheikh, also tr going Berbera and swimming in the sea bits may be a bit salty but its worth it. The Zoo is great you should go the lions were good but the flamingos were the scariest hahah, they were loose thats why. If you know anyone from Arabsio which is not that far from Hargeisa it would be great, it is like a farming village, the fruits straight from the plants are good and just seeing it is quite amazing.
Reply 103
Why is George Galloway the only MP concerned with anything happening in Somali.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/main/VideoPlayer.aspx?meetingId=1884&st=18:51:19

Its probably because not many of us vote so we basically do not have a say, this man is actually speaking the truth on the issue of Somalia and it was an interesting we cant really call it a debate but a monologue or soemthing.
Reply 104
Shuky
If your not gonna just be based in hargeisa I would say sheikh, also tr going Berbera and swimming in the sea bits may be a bit salty but its worth it. The Zoo is great you should go the lions were good but the flamingos were the scariest hahah, they were loose thats why. If you know anyone from Arabsio which is not that far from Hargeisa it would be great, it is like a farming village, the fruits straight from the plants are good and just seeing it is quite amazing.

Nope, only gonna be base din Hargeisa unfortunately.

I am never gonna visit Berbera, my 2 uncles ilaheey haa nauxiristo both died going there, people say there is something dodgy on the road to driving there or something, apparently quite a few people die. I just don't wanna go and my ayeyo won't let me either.

flamingosss:eek: Ohhh I wanna see them!!

Ohh, I'll probably go out of hargeisa when I'm hitched :p: :redface: until then Hargeisa only. Oh my family live on outskirts of Hargeisa but still classes as Hargeisa called 'Bixarenka' (sp?) but erm that's my pupz side and they liv ein huts proper farming lot and i love them so much they such miskeens wh own all the land there and I mean acressssssssss, people just never believe me so taking photographic evidence, oh and it's by a massive mountain too :cool:

Excitement :biggrin:

Shuky, George Galloway is a good man, but he does talk an awful lot, haven't seen no action yet.
Reply 105
Lujayne a one man army cannot do a lot really, if he was still in the Labour party then he would be able to do soemthing but now he is alone therefore cannot really bring about any change.
Reply 106
Shuky
Lujayne a one man army cannot do a lot really, if he was still in the Labour party then he would be able to do soemthing but now he is alone therefore cannot really bring about any change.

True.
Let me guess....BA/Emirates through Dubai and then Dallah to Djiobuti and then another Daallo flight to Hergeisa? Or London Gatwick- Djibouti and another Dallo to Hergeisa?

InshAllah you'll reach their safely. Daallo Airlines gives me the creeps! Especially the one that goes to Jeddah's Airport. Never been on it, but my mom and uncle have...oh the horror stories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Kocmoc_An-12_RA-12957.jpg
Reply 108
lol.I always go through Dubai.Daallo airlines is scary.Ive been somalia three times and I always go on Daallo.Its improving I think though.Their planes are always delayed and at Hargeisa expect your luggage not to be there.It happens everytime and last time,we got it like 4 days later.
Reply 109
mizfissy815
Let me guess....BA/Emirates through Dubai and then Dallah to Djiobuti and then another Daallo flight to Hergeisa? Or London Gatwick- Djibouti and another Dallo to Hergeisa?

InshAllah you'll reach their safely. Daallo Airlines gives me the creeps! Especially the one that goes to Jeddah's Airport. Never been on it, but my mom and uncle have...oh the horror stories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Kocmoc_An-12_RA-12957.jpg

Nope lol, we went daalo last time and they were so CRAP. My mum was arguing with grown men in Djibouti cause my pupz never came, she was like hurry up and let us go yahkii you taking ages blah blah blah. then on the way back they thought I wasn't part of the fmaily cause I don't look like my mama and sister i look like my dad, so man was like I don't know whether i can let her go back to England my mum was cussing!

We going with Ethiopian Airlines :smile:

My abo said we going Jeddah possibly next summer :biggrin: I get to see my birthplace, wonder if the hospital is still there? :confused:
Reply 110
Ethiopian airlines is so much better.They are a world class airline and they fly to more than 15 destinations unlike Daallo lol.Much much more reliable.They are a proper airline and I might just go with them next time lol.
Reply 111
Qaali
Ethiopian airlines is so much better.They are a world class airline and they fly to more than 15 destinations unlike Daallo lol.Much much more reliable.They are a proper airline and I might just go with them next time lol.

Lol yeah. I'll fill you in on their hospitality when I'm back inshAllah :p:
Reply 112
ok.I would appreciate that.Anyways,hope u have a safe journey and enjoy ur stay back home.I always do.When r u leaving ?
Pfft...nothing beats Emirates. Ethiopian Airlines is far better than Daallo, but it can't compete with some of the others.
Reply 114
Qaali

I dont thin you have seen the one that goes to hargeisa or Dubai its just like Dallo maybe even worst. Dallo airlines straight to Djbouti is decent, the food was nice plane not too noisy and the people friendly last time i went. But the 2 times before Emirates was very good, but then we got on the Dallo to hargeisa lol not too great however the one from hageisa to Burco is even worst lol who would have thought. But i think now that they have upgraded the Hargeisa airport the planes would be better.
Reply 115
Qaali am going this wednesday. JazakiAllahu khayran walaalo. :wink:

Mizfissy, I haven't flown with emirates but i'll keep it in mind. btw aren't your tickets expensive coming to england and bk to saudi so frequently?

Shuky, the journery from ldn to djibouti with daalo was wickedddd, cuz we had like 3 seats to ourselves...until we reached djibouti that's wen we kne wit was too good tobe true :eek: the plane from djbouti to hargeisa was friggin SCARYYY! kept swaying, people ad no seat belts on, so many ppl talking loud n that, wallahi waan yabee! the food was ight, but am taking nuff snacks for hargeisa, i have a chocolate addiction:redface:
Reply 116
Shuky
I dont thin you have seen the one that goes to hargeisa or Dubai its just like Dallo maybe even worst. Dallo airlines straight to Djbouti is decent, the food was nice plane not too noisy and the people friendly last time i went. But the 2 times before Emirates was very good, but then we got on the Dallo to hargeisa lol not too great however the one from hageisa to Burco is even worst lol who would have thought. But i think now that they have upgraded the Hargeisa airport the planes would be better.

I havent lol.But,its still better.I have only been on Dallo from dubai to djbouti and djbouti to hargeisa.The first one was good but,people did a lot of shopping in dubai and it got a bit crowded .Howver,u r right dallo from djbouti to hargeisa on our way there was shocking .UIt was like it hadnt been cleaned for days.OMG I was so shocked in Djbouti coz they were selling alcohol.I was like :eek: but it was so fuin seeing somalis form everywhere.It was so fun....But,b4 that I took qatar airways to dubai and they were good.Very good.Apart from on our way back when we got delayed in Dubai for like 5 hours and eveyone was getting angry.And then,when we got back to Heaythrow,our bags werent there.We got them delivered to ou house like 4 days later.:mad:
Reply 117
You people think your airlines are bad, try Pakistan International Airways.
Reply 118
Qaali
I havent lol.But,its still better.I have only been on Dallo from dubai to djbouti and djbouti to hargeisa.The first one was good but,people did a lot of shopping in dubai and it got a bit crowded .Howver,u r right dallo from djbouti to hargeisa on our way there was shocking .UIt was like it hadnt been cleaned for days.OMG I was so shocked in Djbouti coz they were selling alcohol.I was like :eek: but it was so fuin seeing somalis form everywhere.It was so fun....But,b4 that I took qatar airways to dubai and they were good.Very good.Apart from on our way back when we got delayed in Dubai for like 5 hours and eveyone was getting angry.And then,when we got back to Heaythrow,our bags werent there.We got them delivered to ou house like 4 days later.:mad:

you and me both! :eek:
was u waiting in tha rest room place where they had a bar? i saw some american young guy sitting there as if he was baout to order some drink:eek:

daalo= wa laa ku daalaa...qaxar iyo buuq badan :rolleyes:
Reply 119
e-lover
You people think your airlines are bad, try Pakistan International Airways.

been on that from heathrow to dubai oin 2000 .It was alright .I mean at least they had a tv with good channels.It wasnt as good as BA but it is much better than Daallo,even though I went on it a long time ago..............