The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Lujayne
you and me both! :eek:
was u waiting in tha rest room place where they had a bar? i saw some american young guy sitting there as if he was baout to order some drink:eek:

daalo= wa laa ku daalaa...qaxar iyo buuq badan :rolleyes:

yh that waiting place.There is a better waiting place when u pass security.Have u seen their toilets omg????:eek: there was no flush,there was no light and there was no lock.Im not even sure if there was water.TRhere was water all over the floor.Those women working at the bar really annoyed me.They were so stuck up.Dont know if u saw them.Omg I saw so many ppl on my way that i knew, but I never knew they were going.I saw this girl from my old malcaamad and my old tuition teacher from this somali community centre.I was loike omg what a coincidence.but,they r noisy and it was so tiring coz the planes aare always ate taking off.We took off from djbouti like 4 hours late .B4 that we didnt even get a proper good nights sleep.Aww I remmebr pulling my ittle brothers around coz they were falling asleep.I t was harder for us last yr coz we nbever took a straight flight to dubai coz we were transit in Doha.
Reply 121
yh the people working at the bar in the lobby pissed me of too, they wouldn't take my American dollars, bloody stupid as even america would accept it and Britain were i changed the money back to pounds when i came back. They were like sorry we cant help and I was on my own as well and had to wait like for 8 hors just to get on the plane. But to tell the truth it was not very bad, and the French people boh the somalis and the actual French that came on during the stop at France were alright to speak to it.
Reply 122
Qaali i didn't see there toilets but im glad i didn't i bet old fashion toilets in somalia is better than them toilets:rolleyes:

yeh i saw them, some of them looked like they had no haya and just flirting to guys! :rolleyes:

Shuky, hardly any french people got on at the stop of at France on the way there that's why everyone had loads of seats to themselves :biggrin:

but ont he way back so many french people boarded at djibouti i was like :eek: i never spoke to any of them cause i don't speak good enough french only the stuff i learnt from gcse, do u speal french markaa? oh an du went to hargeisa on your own:confused:
Reply 123
Lujayne
Qaali i didn't see there toilets but im glad i didn't i bet old fashion toilets in somalia is better than them toilets:rolleyes:

yeh i saw them, some of them looked like they had no haya and just flirting to guys! :rolleyes:

Shuky, hardly any french people got on at the stop of at France on the way there that's why everyone had loads of seats to themselves :biggrin:

but ont he way back so many french people boarded at djibouti i was like :eek: i never spoke to any of them cause i don't speak good enough french only the stuff i learnt from gcse, do u speal french markaa? oh an du went to hargeisa on your own:confused:

Yh there were quite a few french people boarding te fligt on my way there but many could speak english, as I cannot put two words together after studying it from yr 7 to 9, just didnt really try to learn it. Yh I went on my own to Burao first cause my mum and sisters were already there.
Reply 124
Ive also been on Star .That was 2004 though.I think it got bankrupt or something.I went from Heathrow to Dubai.Dubai to Berbera and then a bus from Berbera to Hargeisa.Berbera airport is truly the ****test airport I have ever seen.It was literally a room made out of tin.Just one massive(actually it werent even that buig)room.Apparently we couldnt land in Hargeisa coz the runway wasnt suitable or something.

Lujayne,make sure u expect that u wont get ur bags when u arrive coz thats what usually happens so,put important stuff in ur hand luggage lol.
Reply 125
Qaali
Ive also been on Star .That was 2004 though.I think it got bankrupt or something.I went from Heathrow to Dubai.Dubai to Berbera and then a bus from Berbera to Hargeisa.Berbera airport is truly the ****test airport I have ever seen.It was literally a room made out of tin.Just one massive(actually it werent even that buig)room.Apparently we couldnt land in Hargeisa coz the runway wasnt suitable or something.

Lujayne,make sure u expect that u wont get ur bags when u arrive coz thats what usually happens so,put important stuff in ur hand luggage lol.

what do you mean i won't get my bags? :eek: is it cause of the airline or hargeisa airport? :confused: anyways our suitcases are full with gifts literally clothes for cousins and dah. all im taking is in my hand luggage anyways.

haha, yeh well hargeisa is the capital so wudnt expect berbera to have big airport.

Ohhh did anyone get to stay in the vip section of the airport??? i did :biggrin: well everyone was smoking in the other bit n my sis got asthma so we went vip section which was better than them garden chairs n tables they had out. :rolleyes:

only because my uncle is an mp in somalilands government. swear he is da best adero...toook us every retaurant in hargeisa n bought us sooo much chocolate from star supermarket. :biggrin: and everyone knows how much i love chocolate :biggrin:

Shuky, i would never travel there on my own even if i didn't need a mahram.
Reply 126
i think its the airline.Its happned to us once out of the two times weve been on it and its happened to other family members who went there too.Trust me ur bags are not gonna be there lol.Ur lucky .The one thing I missed most whilst I was there was proper chocolate.I am not sure about t5he vip .I have seen garden chairs but not tables.Probably not lol.same our suitcases were full of gifts and it looked bad when we didnt have anythign to give.About the bags I am just saying it is best to be safe lol.
Reply 127
Qaali
i think its the airline.Its happned to us once out of the two times weve been on it and its happened to other family members who went there too.Trust me ur bags are not gonna be there lol.Ur lucky .The one thing I missed most whilst I was there was proper chocolate.I am not sure about t5he vip .I have seen garden chairs but not tables.Probably not lol.same our suitcases were full of gifts and it looked bad when we didnt have anythign to give.About the bags I am just saying it is best to be safe lol.

waa ruun. thanks for the tip walaalo.

im going tomorrow so if i dont reply uno where i be at...H-TOWN heehee :biggrin:

ma'salamaa
Have a safe trip InshAllah!
Reply 129
Whats been happening my fellow Somalis?We should just make this an all things somali thread since theres not many of us lol.I have been bored out of my brains lately.
hello fellow Somalian!!! wow i never knew such a thread existed!! hi hi hi hi. i 'm deffo gonna be stalking this thread now.
Reply 131
sup yo!! somalis unite!!
Reply 132
goldenGAZE
hello fellow Somalian!!! wow i never knew such a thread existed!! hi hi hi hi. i 'm deffo gonna be stalking this thread now.

hello ppl.OMG do u belong to Allsomaliforum???????????????
This thread is really dominanted by Somaliland-ers...
Reply 134
mizfissy815

Somaliland hanoolatoo same with Somalia.
Reply 135
mizfissy815

yh true..I bet theres quite a few more Somalis on here who just havent seen this thread or dont wanna post in here or something....
Reply 136
Salaaam everyone ..
Im Somaali and live in Sweden .. lol , just read the post b4 me .. and the ones b4 .. u guys are actually lucky to be able to go back to Somalia.. The only time I ws there was in 1991, when I was 1 yrs old .. obvioulsy, dont remember anything .. Its so sad to not be able to go back to your homecountry, just because some people hate eachother, and dont listen to oneanother .. Have you guys ever thought of what your life would be like if u grew up in ur own land. . seeing ppl just like you?
Reply 137
salaamz!

im somali too,from the uk, but liviving in cairo temp. cos of my dads job.
nice to see somalis here. :biggrin:
x
Reply 138
^^^Welcome Mona and Nafisa :smile:
Sine
hello ppl.OMG do u belong to Allsomaliforum???????????????

yes i do lol, how did ya know. I'm nice on studentroom :yep: .

Latest