The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Accomodation Query

Hey guys!

I'm coming to B'ham Uni in Sept to study English but I'm reallly worried about my accomodation. My accomodation form reached the Uni on the 31st May (just in time) because I wasn't really sure if I wanted to go there...newaay...I got my grades and called the Housing people today as I hadn't recieved any accomodation info...she told me that the people whose forms were recieved last will be allocated accomodation last...so does that probably mean ill get like the leftover halls? I applied for en-suite because of religious reasons (I wash 5 times a day before prayer) and I stated this in the accomodation form...but now I think they won't consider this and give me what they have left....what do you reckon?

Thanks in advance & hope to see y'all there :smile:
Reply 1
As far as I know, with the initial forms that needed to be in back in May, it is done on a first come first served basis. However, I wouldn't panic, as they are reasonable when it comes to people's preferences, and clearly your preferences are for religious reasons. Whilst they may have come to your form as being one of the last, they will most likely do some juggling around to sort something out, so I wouldn't worry too much!

I'd keep in touch with Housing Services; phone them every so often, get on their back a bit about it, and they'll get it done sooner.

Tim.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Latest