The Student Room Group

History of Art Applicants 2018 - where are you applying?

Hi all, introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying!

University choices:
What subject(s) are currently studying?:
Predicted A2 grades:
AS grades:
GCSE grades:
Why History of Art?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello all, I was just looking around and realised there isn't a thread for History of Art applicants this year so I made one!

I'm a gap year applicant and I've applied to Oxford, UCL (with material studies), Warwick, St Andrews and the Courtauld Institute!

I'm so excited for uni and would love to meet all of you in the same boat as me!! Where's everyone applied to - any offers or interviews yet?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Hello! I am an international student!

I've applied to Oxford, UCL (offer received), St Andrews, Edinburgh (offer received), and Courtauld Institute!
What are everyone's offers and grades? so excited for this thread!
Reply 3
Original post by HOAapp
Hello! I am an international student!

I've applied to Oxford, UCL (offer received), St Andrews, Edinburgh (offer received), and Courtauld Institute!
What are everyone's offers and grades? so excited for this thread!

Hey HOAapp! It looks like we've got 4/5 similar choices (which is exciting!!!) I've also got offers (unconditional) from Warwick and UCL now, which I'm holding onto.

Where are you from? What made you decide to do history of art at uni? 💛
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by aychow
Hey HOAapp! I'm a gap year applicant and i've achieved A*AAAa* with my EPQ being in architectural history. It looks like we've got 4/5 similar choices (which is exciting!!!) I've also got offers (unconditional) from Warwick and UCL now, which I'm holding onto.

Where are you from? What made you decide to do history of art at uni? 💛

I'm from Singapore! At first, I was extremely interested in Fine Arts, but not long after I grew an infatuation towards careers such museum curation, art conservation, academia (etc) possibly even advertising! How about you?
Reply 5
Original post by HOAapp
I'm from Singapore! At first, I was extremely interested in Fine Arts, but not long after I grew an infatuation towards careers such museum curation, art conservation, academia (etc) possibly even advertising! How about you?

i'll PM you!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Anyone got an interview from Oxford?
Original post by JKJKAZUL
Anyone got an interview from Oxford?

yeah i have one for st peter's, quite scared & dont know how to prepare
Hi!
I’ve applied to Leicester, Northumbria and UEA. I’ve got offers from all but an unconditional from Leicester!
has anyone applied for Birmingham ???
I'm applying to UCL, Courtauld, SOAS, Edinburgh, and Warwick. I'm predicted a 40 for IB. Is anyone else taking IB and applying to any of these school?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 11
I’ve applied to the University of Essex after a year out for health reasons and will be applying as a disabled student. I’m currently studying under the Open College of the Arts part time.
Original post by Ciaraamos
has anyone applied for Birmingham ???

Me! Just went to the history of art offer holders open day yesterday! I really liked it. My offer is unconditional if firm (and ABB if insurance)
anyone applied for UEA? I deferred my place so i'm definitely going - got ABB and A* in EPQ for A level
Original post by mbenedict
anyone applied for UEA? I deferred my place so i'm definitely going - got ABB and A* in EPQ for A level

I’ve applied for History of Art with Gallery & Museum Studies and got an offer of ABB
Has anyone applied to Warwick, I just got a conditional offer
Original post by zoe _ ann
I’ve applied for History of Art with Gallery & Museum Studies and got an offer of ABB

Oooh cool - do you think you'll put it as your firm??
Original post by mbenedict
Oooh cool - do you think you'll put it as your firm??

I’m not sure yet, it’s between UEA and Leicester
Original post by zoe _ ann
I’m not sure yet, it’s between UEA and Leicester

Congrats on your offer from UEA @Zoe_Ann!

Is there anything we can do to help you make your decision? :h:

- Laura, UEA Official Rep
Original post by University of East Anglia
Congrats on your offer from UEA @Zoe_Ann!

Is there anything we can do to help you make your decision? :h:

- Laura, UEA Official Rep

Thanks 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending