The Student Room Group

Received my UCAS welcome letter today..

I'm sorry if you find this post to be pointless, but i just thought i'd like to post about how through my ucas letter, i also got TWO small booklest about HSBC (and teaching you how to cook some meals).

I just found it quite insulting (no i didn't really find it insulting, just rather funny at what it could suggest (but obviously doesn't suggest)). That i needed 2 copies of the same booklet, like they think i need 2 just incase i misplace 1.

I got:
UCAS welcome letter x 1
financial help for higher education x 1
applicant welcome guide x 1
hsbc booklet x 2

I most likely got 2 because they put 2 in by accident, as the letters ar probably prepared by hand and not by a robot.

N.B. I would honestly accept a TSR award for the most pointless post ever. :p: Please do not ask why i even posted this, haha :wink:
Tad bored are we?
Reply 2
Maybe they've printed too many so they're trying to get rid of them all? :p:

Congratulations on receiving your letter though! :wink:
Reply 3
What I'm more confused about is why put recipes in a HSBC booklet advertising a new bank account?

They seem to assume that students can't cook and the "recipes" (ie Chicken and Noodles lol) are pretty unnecessary, I mean whoever needs a recipe for making Spaghetti shouldn't be anywhere near Uni.
Reply 4
i got mine today today to lol, though i only got one of each :frown:

and since wednesday i have already had 2 postcards from southampton saying they have recieved my application!

good times
Reply 5
i never got a post card :frown: and i sent my ucas on the tuesday that just went
Reply 6
MisterE
I'm sorry if you find this post to be pointless, but i just thought i'd like to post about how through my ucas letter, i also got TWO small booklest about HSBC (and teaching you how to cook some meals).

I just found it quite insulting (no i didn't really find it insulting, just rather funny at what it could suggest (but obviously doesn't suggest)). That i needed 2 copies of the same booklet, like they think i need 2 just incase i misplace 1.

I got:
UCAS welcome letter x 1
financial help for higher education x 1
applicant welcome guide x 1
hsbc booklet x 2

I never got a HSBC booklet or a financial help for higher education booklet :frown: :confused:
Reply 7
bmkf
I never got a HSBC booklet or a financial help for higher education booklet :frown: :confused:

Me neither... wouldn't worry though.

Latest

Trending

Trending