The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Don't worry about it -- just ask the porters (at the entrance) when you get to the college. Sometimes colleges don't yet knw what rooms they're going to use till after the letters are sent out; other times they want you to turn up at the main entrance and then perhaps be taken to where you need to be, so you don't get lost! Just give yourself plenty of time to get there, and figure out what's going on. :smile:
Reply 2
Just go to the lodge- there'll be someone to meet you. If not ask the porter.
Reply 3
i don't know how they work things at all colleges, but if its anything like at ours then we don't want you going to the interview room: we want you to come to the jcr from where we will take you. interviewees have a habit of getting lost. this is safer.
Reply 4
Don't worry! I'm an interview helper at Merton - just ask at the Lodge, and you'll be directed to our JCR office. Then one of our team of charming helpers will take care of you.
Just make sure you turn up to the lodge in time, and we'll do the rest.
joth
Don't worry! I'm an interview helper at Merton - just ask at the Lodge, and you'll be directed to our JCR office. Then one of our team of charming helpers will take care of you.

Thanks, does "do the rest" include the interview itself? :biggrin:

On a serious note:-

What does "in time" count as, given the interview is at 5:15pm?

(I dont want to be stupidly early and so shuffle around looking embarassed and eating all your biccies, or too rushed.)
Reply 6
joth

I'll probably be seeing you on sunday then:rolleyes:
How many people will be there fo you think ( I don't want to be looonelyyyyyyyy:eek: )??

:biggrin:
Reply 7
*MidnightMia*: At the latest, between 5:05 and 5:10 - it'll only take a couple of minutes to actually go to your interview room, but better to have more time than not enough. Of course, you can arrive earlier, and hang out in our JCR with all our lovely interviewees! There are sweets and tea/coffee available.

Eshana: Look forward to seeing you too! There'll probably be about 60-80 other interviewees while you're here. Come and find us if you need anything :smile:
Thanks everyone,
Having done it all now the helpers were indeed lovely, and I have found out just how close by Merton is to ChCh, and so now see that my questions probably sounded very silly from your point of view. XD

Latest

Trending

Trending