food
camera
cook book
brillo pads
umbrella/waterproof jacket
Reply 3
oven tray
Reply 4
Kitchen stuff like brillo pads and baking trays for the oven are probably best left until arrival, as that way you can organise who's buying what with your flat/hall mates. Plus it's easier to do the food shop (fresh / frozen stuff) once you're there and know how much space there is in your kitchen.
Reply 5
... but make sure you do a big food shop before your mum goes home again, to save your student loan for freshers week hehe
Reply 6
I take it you guys are in self-catered residences. Im in wills and everything is laid on a plate..oh yeh with knife and fork!!
Reply 7
you'll still need to cook at weekends... although theres not a lot you can do with a microwave and no oven or hot point. quickest thing you want to learn is doing pasta in the microwave ;0)
Reply 8
and lunchtimes
Reply 9
how u cook pasta in a microwave???
Get a Pot Noodle, read the instructions and follow them. :tongue:

Seriously, I'm really that bad at cooking.
Reply 11
why cook pasta in a micro? pasta's nasty unless you cook it properly - i.e. boiling it for however long it takes (depending upon the type of pasta) on a stove, then adding sauce.

for anyone who's rubbish at cooking, just go out and buy a simple student (not a normal one, they're cack) cookbook, and you're off and running :smile:
Reply 12
Meghan
why cook pasta in a micro? pasta's nasty unless you cook it properly - i.e. boiling it for however long it takes (depending upon the type of pasta) on a stove, then adding sauce.

for anyone who's rubbish at cooking, just go out and buy a simple student (not a normal one, they're cack) cookbook, and you're off and running :smile:

Because in lots of the catering halls there are only microwaves and no ovens or hobs meaning its virtually impossible to cook pasta right
Reply 13
emom100
Because in lots of the catering halls there are only microwaves and no ovens or hobs meaning its virtually impossible to cook pasta right

What sort of cooking facilities are there in Wills emom100?
Reply 14
emom100

there were hobs and a couple of ovens in badock so i'm presuming they thought the butler would be able to provide late night snacks at Wills :tongue:
Reply 15
anyone else planning to take a copy of the Kama Sutra or is that just me?
Reply 16
No ur not the only one :cool:
Reply 17
The George Foreman grill is definitely essential for people going self catered.
Reply 18
n2sky_dvn
The George Foreman grill is definitely essential for people going self catered.

Unless you are vegetarian like me.
Reply 19
u can cook the veggie stuff on it too, like burgers and sausages

Latest

Trending

Trending