Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

History replies/offers/interviews?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back yet? I sent my application off before the Oxbridge deadline (like 13th October) and I still haven't heard a peep from UCL - really want to know

I've heard back from Royal Holloway, UEA and I have an interview for Queen Mary soon...Makes me think I should have heard something from UCL?

I've applied for a History BA by the way - I know it's popular, but still; anyone got any idea how long I should wait before I should ring admissions to ask what the hell? It's been nearly 2 months now - I'm starting to think any letter I may have got may have been lost in the post xD

Cheers

xxx Liz xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got a letter this morning offering an interview in mid-January, and I sent my application in on 8th October.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i got a letter this morning too for the same interview and I sent my application early october.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ditto, i sent mine at the start of October and got my interview invite yesterday. Having said this, before yesterday i hadn't heard anything from them so don't panic just yet
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluejoe)
    i got a letter this morning too for the same interview and I sent my application early october.

Same for me. Got an interview letter today, after sending my UCAS on October 8th. This was the only thing I've heard off them. Any idea how many applicants get rejected without interview? The letter said there are 20 applicants for every place - is that narrowed considerably?

Also Bluejoe, I'm applying to exactly the same unis as you, for the same courses (although War Studies and History at Kings). Which Oxford college did you apply for?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playingcards)
    Same for me. Got an interview letter today, after sending my UCAS on October 8th. This was the only thing I've heard off them. Any idea how many applicants get rejected without interview? The letter said there are 20 applicants for every place - is that narrowed considerably?

Also Bluejoe, I'm applying to exactly the same unis as you, for the same courses (although War Studies and History at Kings). Which Oxford college did you apply for?
    I think they remove quite a few applicants before interview, as it says on their website only candidates being "actively considered" get an interviewed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cheers everyone - so I sent my application off round 13th/14th October, should expect one soonish I guess?

xxx Liz xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And I only sent mine on Wednesday, so I will be waiting an age yet! LOL .... Good luck everyone with your interviews; it would be great if you could post on here how it went, what sort of atmosphere there was and what sort of questions they asked you?! X
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I forget to post here after mine (Jan 16th) feel free to PM me and I'll give you an idea of what it was like.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladylish)
    Cheers everyone - so I sent my application off round 13th/14th October, should expect one soonish I guess?

xxx Liz xxx
    Sent mine off same-ish time, so hopefully they are just going through chronologically and we will get ours this week
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope so! It's not like it's a big deal - I mean, it's months yet until we have to make a final decision, but I'm just iching to knowwwww.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope so! It's not like it's a big deal - I mean, it's months yet until we have to make a final decision, but I'm just iching to knowwwww.
    haha its the itch you just can't quite scratch... yet Checked the post yet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    sent my UCAS off on 3rd october... havent yet received a letter for interview.

seems like they arent interested in me ...

never mind 4 more to go
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djjz13)
    haha its the itch you just can't quite scratch... yet Checked the post yet?
    yeah nowt - I actually want to know so baaaad
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah nowt - I actually want to know so baaaad
    Yeah me either, tomorrow is the day!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As I posted earlier, if successful you will be allocated an interview on one of the following dates:

12th December,
    16th January,
    30th January,
    20th February,
    5th March,
    and maybe the 19th March.

enjoy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djjz13)
    Yeah me either, tomorrow is the day!!
    It bloody better be! Let me know if you hear anything!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2007
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.