The Student Room Group
Reply 9920
Yea, but one would assume that with big guns behind the club, like we are meant to have, we should ave a little more pulling power. Sadley not.
farhan
Kuyt is good as a right-sided midfield player. He ended the season on a high and did very well for Holland in the Euros.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the starting line up more times than not.

My dad seems to ejaculate (exaggerating slightly :rolleyes: ) every time he watches Kuyt - it's his work ethic apparently....which is honourable of course but you need end-product innit. Is there enough end-product with Kuyt?
white_haired_wizard
My dad seems to ejaculate (exaggerating slightly :rolleyes: ) every time he watches Kuyt - it's his work ethic apparently....which is honourable of course but you need end-product innit. Is there enough end-product with Kuyt?
As a right-midfielder yeh
farhan
As a right-midfielder yeh

Unfortunately i didn't catch any of the EUROS but i understand Kuyt played well in quite a few of the games. Could propel him into an excellent season with Liverpool? If a personally successful Euros doesn't breed confidence, wtf does? Know whatta mean? :cool:
Klinsmannic
Interesting that Liverpool made a donation to the Spurs Foundation in exchange for us dropping the tapping up complaint.

In other words Benitez was guilty and they had something on him :eek:
I don't know how to check how many goals & assists he got since being moved to right-midfield last season, but if the Euros are any indication, then he got 1 goal and 2 assists in 3 starts and 1 sub appearance which is fine
Ronaldo VII
In other words Benitez was guilty :eek:

What is this Spurs Foundation? Money injected into youth projects and the like?

If true about this donation and dropping of the complaint, how very principled of Spurs :rolleyes: :biggrin: Money talks eh. Tis life.
anelka9
35 million for tevez

farhan
I don't know how to check how many goals & assists he got since being moved to right-midfield last season, but if the Euros are any indication, then he got 1 goal and 2 assists in 3 starts and 1 sub appearance which is fine

His 3 league goals last season surely means he isn't good enough to play right wing? Especially considering 2 were penalties and the 3rd was a corner that hit his knee and went in.
Yea. But the penalties were against Everton. They count about treble.
Kuyt is a useless winger. Best off just playing him upfront when desperate or ideally just getting rid.
But he isn't played as a winger... He's played on the right side of an attacking midfield 3.
white_haired_wizard
What is this Spurs Foundation? Money injected into youth projects and the like?

If true about this donation and dropping of the complaint, how very principled of Spurs :rolleyes: :biggrin: Money talks eh. Tis life.

FYI :p:
Reply 9933
I'm pleased that we've signed Keane and Ngog, a creative winger and keeping Alonso would make me a very happy guy :smile:
I'd personally rather see Kuyt playing defensive mid if all we're using him for is his great work ethic, I'd like to see a more technically gifted player on the wing, someone who can really damage teams
Reply 9935
Economist
Kuyt is a useless winger. Best off just playing him upfront when desperate or ideally just getting rid.

I'd disagree he's not a natural winger but towards the end of last season when we were top of the form table. Kuyt had a huge infulence in the games he played. His crossing improved and with the options to attack the box i think he has a future
Now we have Torres, Keane, Kuyt, Ngog and perhaps Babel for upfront...
Lets get rid of Voronin! :p:

Im guessing the next transfer dilemma will be selling Arbeloa for a good price and then buying another new RB. Wont be surprised if we keep Finnan, have 2 new RBs and Carra to play there too.

If we could just get a quality winger.. i think we'd pretty much be there.
Liverpool’s best chance of finding the £18 million required to sign Barry is by offloading Xabi Alonso, but with no club willing to match the £16 million valuation of the Spain midfield player, BenÍtez could fund a move by selling Jermaine Pennant, who is being monitored by Blackburn Rovers and would cost at least £4 million, Andriy Voronin, who is a £6 million target for a number of German clubs, and Álvaro Arbeloa, who wants to return to Spain for personal reasons.

(from the times!)
They must have Pennant's and Voronin's valuations the wrong way around.. would make more sense!
We dont need Barry if we cant get rid of Alonso :s-smilie: Why put one of them on the bench?

Either way, we need to be careful with our numbers too.. cant go into a new season with a small squad, esp if we can use 7 subs!
Reply 9939
I think there are clubs that want Xabi, but just not for £16m. It's disappointing because Xabi's easily worth that.

Latest