The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

What halls would be best?

Hi, I know its early, and i've not even finished my PS yet but i'm thinking of apply to MMU but would like an idea of the type of halls that would suit me. These are my needs:

* Must have en-suit
* Must have car parking (I need to take my car as i'm getting a work transfer which is about 30 miles out of the city centre)
* Modern style halls. None of this old-fashion 'woody' dark types.

Thanks
Reply 1
Oh, and if they offer you a play, do they send you an accomodation brocure?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Cosmopolitan Halls have all that and car parking at £30 per week.

Its also cheaper than all the other MMU halls with ensuites
most places your looking at £700+ to park your car in manchester. apart from msv south which is £10 a year :biggrin: its also ensuite, but not the most social hall in the world..
Reply 4
Daisy Bank Halls are en-suite, £78 a week and car parking is £150 for the year, or free if you park on the road outside!
Not the most modern halls but not seen other halls much better, just make your room your own thats what I did
Reply 5
Does the Cosmopolitan halls have a shared lounge area? And how many is it to a floor?
Reply 6
Also, is there DEFFO car parking at Cosmo? Because on the sites i've read it doesn't list it. It says 'No carparking'.
Reply 7
Well i wouldn't trust most sites, ring up and talk to people.

Wilmslow Park Accommodation, is ensuite, quite recently build, very secure car park (with key fobs and the actual car park is like in the middle of the halls with the halls buildings around it) car parking on the MMU website says there are 5 spaces. there are actually about 75. parking costs £560 for the year.

Wilmslow Park : http://www.opalstudents.com/find-accommodation/ViewDetails.aspx?id=1

My own photos of my room there : http://gallery.louisebamford.com/v/uni/

my room is a middle size one, you can get double size rooms also, with a double bed. as for driving i find it a good place to live because if i plan on going anywhere between half 8 and half 9 in the morning, or 4 - 6 at night i'm not stuck in the middle of the centre at rush hour(s), and it's just far enough out of curry mile to not be absolutely rammed. plus there are some nice bars underneath plus shops. hope this helps in anyway...
Reply 8
Considering I live there and walk past a big sign about it everyday I would assume I am correct.

There are flats from 2-7 and each one has a shared kitchen and living room bit.
Reply 9
Kind of off the original topic of helping the geezer out, I know. But I looked around Cambridge Hall in All Saints today on my Visit day, and it just looked absolutly amazing. I saw a 10 room flat, with two toilets and two showers with a huge kitchen and living and dining area, and all the people there just looked like they were having such a cracking time together living it up.
Today made me want to go to MMU, it also made me aware that I really dont need to have an ensuite room and I want to share with lots of people. :smile:
Reply 10
2 Toilets and showers to share with 10 people?:s-smilie:
Reply 11
yeah, one toilet and one shower for girls and one toilet and one shower for boys.
it really didnt bother them and i reall don't think it will bother me either. i can't wait.

im probably going to be applying for mill point and cambridge halls
Reply 12
theres no problem sharing 2 toilets and 2 showers between 10 people, i'm living at cambridge halls and we just split them into boys and girls, theres never a queue for them, and if someone is in the shower, you just go in the other shower. its not really that hard to share.
Reply 13
I so couldn't share, I <3 my ensuite.
Reply 14
I'm not at MMU but my friends are in Oxford Court and they have everything you're looking for! Nicest halls I've ever seen.

Latest

Trending

Trending