The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You can withdraw whenever! But you'll have to wait till next year to reapply. Not sure exactly how it works with Extra but I think if she declines that offer then she could enter Extra?
Reply 2
I never know why people bother applying for universities they wouldn't consider going to.
Reply 3
Maybe some people just don't have five universities that they really want to go to.... maybe they think if they do reapply the following year, with grades in hand, they'll get into their top choice. (This happened to my friend who was majorly underestimated with his predictions :\)
Reply 4
It's not a good idea to withdraw now. Maybe she'll change her mind, and want to go to this place that has given her an offer.

If you withdraw from UCAS, that means there is no chance of going to uni at all next year. You (or your friend, or anyone) would have to take a year out an reapply. So I suspect she doesn't want to do that anyway.

You can decline the offer and then wait for Extra/Clearing. But since Extra doesn't start until March and then runs until June, and Clearing is after results day, there's no point doing that yet. Sit on the offer for a bit, and see.

The deadline for withdrawing from UCAS completely would be after results day, when you've sent back your reply slip. After that, you'd have to contact the uni directly, but it's still possible.
Reply 5
I thought you were only eligible for Extra if you got no offers the first time round. But then, I'm not an expert when it comes to UCAS applications despite me applying this year! I would suggest for your friend to wait a while, simply because taking impulsive/rash decisions may result in regret later on. Besides, you've not mentioned the course or the universities - it could well be that her last choice is still pretty good for her course, in which case she might enjoy it.
Reply 6
You need to read my Extra guide on the wiki :smile: Simply type "UCAS Extra" into the search box at the top, change the option in the drop down list to "search wiki", and you'll find it :smile:

You have to hold no offers to use Extra. But that means you can decline any offers you do get.

Latest

Trending

Trending