The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think adding these 'blinders' and having them ignored is quite amusing. Perhaps your own arrogance and desperation is easy to see and thus the application process is made fair by ignoring outlandish statements in your UCAS form.
Reply 81
Perhaps your own arrogance and desperation is easy to see and thus the application process is made fair by ignoring outlandish statements in your UCAS form.
Arrogance?- the very purpose of the PS is to convince people that you'd be a good student, so you have to talk yourself up and portray as positive image of yourself as you can (without lying).
^ And most of what you're saying constitutes arrogance. I've been really happy with my personal statement because I didn't do any of that, and so far I've got offers from three universities asking for high grades. It comes across as funny to me, that's all - I keep imagining disappointed seventeen year olds walking out of their interviews to be dragged out of the college by their parents when they discover their ''blinders'' were of little interest.
Reply 83
But there's a fine line between being full of your own importance, and mentioning all the relevant things that you have actually done in passing. If anything the OP seems to have fallen victim to trying not to sound arrogant and in doing so being suspected of lying because he didn't put very much detail in.

Latest

Trending

Trending