The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

The Big Bumper Henry Price Guide

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well you can gladly walk into town if you like, but if, like now, it's hammering down with rain, the bus is mighty handy :biggrin:...And have you tried walking up to the uni from morrisons with a handful of shopping, it's a bloody non stop hill :p:!

And it totally flew over my head it's cheaper to pay single there and back oops (That's what I get for writing the guide at 3 am :smile:)! And I'll even be be nice and give you recognition for reminding me about the price increase :biggrin:. But still I've found myself going into town and back more than once for various reasons so I get a dayrider to get my money's worth :wink:

And I love being lazy (Although I did do this guide, give me some credit for my un-laziness) :biggrin: It doesn't hurt me to say so, so Henry Price, from your logic, is perfect for me :P

@Pink_Diamond - Feel free to post pictures if you like, you can either just put them in your own post/topic or put them on here and I'll transfer them to the guide (If you upload them onto image shack or something). I'll do a separate section just for any pictures you do :wink: And I'll add the information on washing machines accepting different coins, totally forgot about that cheers :smile:!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
You know what i really love about Henry today....the fact i got to eat my readybrek in the rain because of a fire drill....lovely.
Reply 22
In E block the fire alarm went off twice in the space of 5 minutes sometime around 10 I think. It only went off for about 3 seconds each time so I thought nothing of it :biggrin:
Reply 23
got an open day next wednesday will henry price be open to look around?? girl at work jenny is in henry price and has completely sold me on the place so really want to have a look around....
Reply 24
Thanks for all of this info everyone! I'm thinking about putting Leeds down as my firm and on an open day yesterday I got to see Henry Price, but all this extra information has been really useful, so thanks!
Reply 25
I think IF (And that's a big if I'm not sure for certain) there's a tour around Henry Price, they may have a few rooms for viewing, if of course that can be organised effectively. The 'normal' people who stay here (Like me :biggrin:) will be in Henry Price so it won't be "open" as such but maybe the Uni organise something ?
Reply 26

I think IF (And that's a big if I'm not sure for certain) there's a tour around Henry Price, they may have a few rooms for viewing, if of course that can be organised effectively. The 'normal' people who stay here (Like me ) will be in Henry Price so it won't be "open" as such but maybe the Uni organise something ?

Hope so, if not I'll ring Jenny and be like "Jenny, if you're in can I look round your flat please :biggrin:" I know there is an accomodation vid but you can't see that much really. To be honest I picked my 3 options for accomodation, but can't apply till I get all my offers through. Its Henry Price, Devonshire, then Lyddon in rank order, I really want self catered though so hope I wont get Lyddon.
No real point putting Devonshire as your second choice. It's so oversubscribed by all the public school types who yearn for it that if by some freak occurrence you didnt get into HP (which you will), then it's Lyddon for you!
EssexDan86
No real point putting Devonshire as your second choice. It's so oversubscribed by all the public school types who yearn for it that if by some freak occurrence you didnt get into HP (which you will), then it's Lyddon for you!

Is henry price not over subscribed then?
x
Matchbox123
Is henry price not over subscribed then?
x

No idea, but it's certainly not on the same scale as somewhere Devonshire or Montague Burton, accommodation office get hordes of pushy parents on the phone about those two.
Reply 30
It's so oversubscribed by all the public school types who yearn for it that if by some freak occurrence you didnt get into HP (which you will), then it's Lyddon for you!

oh dear public school types.....erm maybe not Devonshire then lol from what I heard on HP it isn't vastly oversubscribed....maybe because its not pretty lol
Reply 31
Wedgie
oh dear public school types.....erm maybe not Devonshire then lol from what I heard on HP it isn't vastly oversubscribed....maybe because its not pretty lol

Don't judge a book by its cover :biggrin: The bedrooms are really nice in HP, and the colour scheme ain't bad.... and it's not dark and dingy like some other accom. I've seen....:wink:
Reply 32
What are the main courses that are studied by the people at devonshire then? It looks the nicest, is it difficult to get into, since i would ideally like to stay there?

Oh and what is the process for halls like, how many choices etc etc?

Thanks!
true, HP has been refurbed pretty recently (it was a hole when I started uni!). Had a look at the accom prices these days the other day, can't believe how much the rent has gone up since 2004!
is it single sex - like to each flat?
and if it is then is all the leeds accom single sex?
thanks
Reply 35
Depends, the flat across me is all girls, the flat I'm in is mixed gender, 4 boys and 5 girls (with 2 people of the same sex sharing the showeroom in between the two bedrooms). Thanks for bringing this up, I'll add this detail into my guide if it isn't in there already :biggrin:
Reply 36
Don't judge a book by its cover The bedrooms are really nice in HP, and the colour scheme ain't bad.... and it's not dark and dingy like some other accom. I've seen....

lol I meant the outside you know Devonshire in the accomodation guide is a nice stone building HP is a block of flats.....I originally wanted to be somewhere pretty then I realised if its anything like our school (grade 2 listed) it'll be drafty windows won't open cold etc soooo nice and new I think now lol

Depends, the flat across me is all girls, the flat I'm in is mixed gender, 4 boys and 5 girls (with 2 people of the same sex sharing the showeroom in between the two bedrooms). Thanks for bringing this up, I'll add this detail into my guide if it isn't in there already

Think I'd die in a flat full of girls.....not that I don't love you ladies but lads are easier to get on with sometimes lol if you get me.....that sounds odd never mind
Sorry this has taken so long...had alot on my mind.

is that a normal size room?
or do u have one of the bigger ones? it looks massive! x
yea thats me showing you the en-suite, mansion of a room. And i can tell you it aint that tidy now all the works piling up lol...

Quick Reply

Latest