The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied a couple of weeks ago, but I know theres still quite a few ppl in my school who havent applied yet. many ppl are still waiting for references and lots are lazy.. you wont be at much of a disadvantage at all if you were to apply now
Reply 2
I'm in mostly the same position, although I haven't actually written my personal statement yet (ooops!). I'm finding it hard to get motivated when I don't even know if I want to go to Uni or not.
Reply 3
I've just finshed my personal statement but I know im nt gna get any offers so im feeling disliusioned by the whole thing. Still having trouble puttin my grades in and I doubt my reference is gna b written soon oh well.
Reply 4
I've not applied. Well, I sent it off to my referee on Thursday - after her saying on Tuesday "Have you done your UCAS thing yet?" "No?" "Well do it! I've set a deadline as today!". So yeah, I had to rush to decide my 5th University, but I'm pretty happy with my choices. My personal statement isn't excellent, I think it's average. Not entirely happy with it but hey, I never would be even after the 100th draft.

The reason it's not sent off yet is because my reference has not been written - but I'm going to talk to my tutor tomorrow and see if I can get it sent off... But loads of my mates haven't done theirs either (or have only just done theirs).
Reply 5
Our college set November 16th deadline - if you weren't finished by then you're on your own :biggrin:
There are loads of people who haven't applied yet in my year! I mean at least 30, maybe more.
Reply 7
I haven't applied - Confused between whether to spend extra year doing A level law for 3 subjects, or applying for a foundation degree @ Nottingham.
By this time last year I hadnt applied to uni. My college sent off applications on the day of the deadline :smile:
Still waiting on my reference. I'm applying as an individual so getting quite worried as I wrote to my reference quite some time ago. Not sure what I'm going to do if she doesn't reply soon. eep!

SFD
Reply 10
Lol I was wondering where most of you lot were hiding. Pretty much everyone in my year at school has applied, well the ones who can apply anyway. (70% are only doing 1 or 2 A-levels so I doubt they'll apply.

I'm still pretty confused to whether I should take a gap year or apply. I pretty much change my mind every couple of days. I don't think we should be worried about being at a disadvantage though, I still believe in the whole 'equal consideration until January 15th' thingy.
I did apply (paid) a month or so ago, but my ex-head of year took four weeks to just send it off - they had the references from last year...

Is it 14 days after you've applied you're allowed to change you're application? I want to change a course at one university and change a university entirely.

Oh ****.
Reply 12
I know that you can substitute a choice up to 14 days either after your application was processed or 14 days after recieving your welcome letter, I forget which one.

You can substitute a choice on track so you can use that to change the university. Not sure if you can do it twice.

Wow, I really am no help lol. =P
Quite a few people havn't applied at my school yet, even though today is the schools deadline (they refuse to write references over the christmas holidays)
Reply 14
I'm just waiting for a reference... :|
Reply 15
lol gotta say i'm there will you all still, even though i'm a gap year applicant (should have done it ages ago) :smile:

i've done my personal statement just needs checking (ask a ps helper lol), my reference is ready (going to use the one from last year), i should have it done by the end of this week (hopefully) :wink:

i might add a few more details to my personal statement but overall i think its good. :wink: hope the 15th january equal consideration still applies, it better lol :smile:

just hope :wink:
Reply 16
Just finished my PS, gonna get it checked by my annoying form tutor tomorrow, i saw my teacher writing up my references .. But something else worries me ... When do we have to worry about fees we gotta pay for university, because i gotta sign up to a place to get some financial support. I'd love to take a gap year but i've already wasted my time doing GNVQ urghhh :frown:
Reply 17
Don't worry about finances yet, if you're applying for the means-tested grants then the deadline is quite a way away still.
Reply 18
waiting for my head of year to mark my personal statement for the 500th time and than maybe she'll write me a reference. I so wanted to get it done before christmas tho .... o.o
life's not fair.
Reply 19
i just applied about 2minutes ago! hopefully i'm still good!

Latest

Trending

Trending