The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
which university is better, leicester or leeds? for law that is?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
League table wise, Leeds. But it's where you prefer.
Reply 22
Although Leicester is ranked higher, generally.
http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/gug/gooduniversityguide.php?AC_sub=Law&sub=21&x=28&y=9

Law league tables leicester is 10 places below leeds. That's why it's where you prefer. There's not alot in it. Althought graduate prospects are better at Leeds.
Reply 24
The_Goose
Although graduate prospects are better at Leeds.

Order that table by 'graduate prospects'. Apparently the best graduate prospects from any law school are from Robert Gordon University.

Those figures may as well be arbitrary, league tables are useless. Leicester is higher overall, but I wouldn't say in a million years that Leicester is 'better' than Leeds, nor would I say the other way round, universities are too complicated to be assessed in such simple terms.

They are both well established, academically excellent universities with plenty of opportunities for students. Personally I think Leicester is a nicer place to be a student, but that's me. The education you get from both is comparable.
i see your point. I was at the leeds open day on wednesday and the campus is not particularly nice. but leeds is one of the best cities in the uk and was rted best place to live in 2005. butthen these are more statistics. the only thin to do is visit both. i will probably firm hull even though it is not as high in tables as leeds
Reply 26
The_Goose
i see your point. I was at the leeds open day on wednesday and the campus is not particularly nice. but leeds is one of the best cities in the uk and was rted best place to live in 2005. butthen these are more statistics. the only thin to do is visit both. i will probably firm hull even though it is not as high in tables as leeds

Yeah Leeds is a pretty cool city I suppose. I live near there when I'm not at uni so am a bit bored of it. I think they have a nice campus though, the Brotherton Library is amazing and the Great Hall is lovely. As an area though I think Leicester is far nicer, much greener.
Tomber
Yeah Leeds is a pretty cool city I suppose. I live near there when I'm not at uni so am a bit bored of it. I think they have a nice campus though, the Brotherton Library is amazing and the Great Hall is lovely. As an area though I think Leicester is far nicer, much greener.

i didn't realy like leeds camus granted the library was nice but the actual campus was either concrete or houses. it was just a bit odd. there was no green area either. i just perferedthe atmosphere at hull but now i have to decide
Reply 28
I can't wait to go to leeds :smile: ive only visited once but really liked the city
I i loved the city, loathed the uni
Reply 30
The_Goose
I i loved the city, loathed the uni

Why did you loathe the uni? As someone who firmed Leeds for Law, that comment is pretty disconcerting.:p:
Djablesse
Why did you loathe the uni? As someone who firmed Leeds for Law, that comment is pretty disconcerting.:p:

you firmed leeds? Don't get me wrong the law course is really good and the law society is good. The staff are lovely. I hated the fact that seminars and tutorials are held in the 'law department' which is a row of terrace houses, that the uni sort of took over. There a lot of stairs and most of the s are grey concrete. It was just really grey and uninspiring after visiing hull, which is all red brick, and has grassy areas. I just really didn't liek the environment at Leeds
Reply 32
Oh ok, so your loathing has to do with the appearance of the uni...

Thanks for answering my question. I'm international and my presence at any open days is unlikely. Anything else about the uni that you think I should know?
Djablesse
Oh ok, so your loathing has to do with the appearance of the uni...

Thanks for answering my question. I'm international and my presence at any open days is unlikely. Anything else about the uni that you think I should know?

The law society is huge because it's merged with leeds met. They have balls with local firms invited etc. But the law lounge only had space for about 20 people which was a little disappointing. I just didn't like the feel of the campus, i couldn't bear to spend 3 years of my life there. It was the one offer I wanted and |I was so happy when I got it, but then when i looked round i just wasn't interested anymore. fell in love with Hull
Reply 34
Once again, thanks, and I hope that everything works out with Hull. I think it's great that you fell in love with there; I mean, it is going to be your home for the next 3 years. I hope the same can happen with me and Leeds.
Well I'm living at home about 40 miles from The uni. But I'll be spending all day there probably 4 days a week so I'll spend as much time on campus as i do at home. Hence why the atmosphere is so important, it's not like a five minute walk home, I had to be on a campus I loved so that I could spend all day there and leeds just wasn't the place
Reply 36
are leeds lenient with grades?
Not in Law.
Reply 38
If one had to choose between Exeter LLB and Leeds LLB would there be a clear choice?

What about Liverpool vs Leeds LLB?

Latest