The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Grr. He uses em dashes too much.
Reply 3
He's kind of irritating.

Well, that was hilarious. Somebody not liking Cambridge. Hilarious.
An interesting series of letters.

Sadly, I refuse to believe it was anything illegitimate; he seems like an infuriating little baby. I can appreciate his irritation at being admitted to a college he didn't like, but to drop out and reapply expecting to be given a place was stupid; furthermore, the majority of his correspondence was unproductive and downright obnoxious and accusatory. What he calls malfeasance was nothing more than an official "**** off" from Cambridge.
Reply 6
He could also land himself in some hot legal water if he can't back up his claims
Reply 7
generalebriety
An interesting series of letters.

Sadly, I refuse to believe it was anything illegitimate; he seems like an infuriating little baby. I can appreciate his irritation at being admitted to a college he didn't like, but to drop out and reapply expecting to be given a place was stupid; furthermore, the majority of his correspondence was unproductive and downright obnoxious and accusatory. What he calls malfeasance was nothing more than an official "**** off" from Cambridge.

I agree that what he seems to consider a conspiracy seems to be more of a predictable response to a tiresome and overly argumentative student.

Would you agree though that students that get allocated to those types of colleges (Hughes, St Eds etc.), or choose to apply there, are getting short-changed on the Cambridge experience?
KwungSun
I agree that what he seems to consider a conspiracy seems to be more of a predictable response to a tiresome and overly argumentative student.

Would you agree though that students that get allocated to those types of colleges (Hughes, St Eds etc.), or choose to apply there, are getting short-changed on the Cambridge experience?

Well... yes.

But "the Cambridge experience" is nothing more than an expectation on the behalf of a student. You get accommodation in college, you get supervisions, you get lectures, and so on (as an undergraduate, not for postgrad, but you get the idea). You pay fees for that; you don't pay "Cambridge experience fees". I sympathise entirely with his disappointment, but it was nothing more than throwing a tantrum at not getting what he wanted. He wasn't promised any kind of "Cambridge experience"; someone out there was trying to do a bit of serious academic work with a bright-eyed, bushy-tailed PhD student and this guy was more interested in his social life; I'd have jumped at the chance to get rid of someone like that and take on board someone who was going to take my field of study seriously.
TOD100
He could also land himself in some hot legal water if he can't back up his claims

I don't think he will. I think the university will just allow him to humiliate himself and then back down.
He clearly has psychological issues. Very sad.
Jesus Christ, he really takes 'bitter' to a whole new level...

Now that's just a big cake of crazy-filled, crazy-flavoured crazy.

"Currently I am on disability".

Well, duh.
Reply 15
He's actually paid for advertising so that when you type 'Cambridge University' into google, his website appears in the right column...
Wow.. My eyes are so tired after reading all that ><

Wowzer.
What exactly is his problem? Everyone who applies to Oxbridge knows that they are difficult, in all senses of the word.
He claims that a department he did not apply to rejected him. If that's true, it's certainly very odd. It's like getting fired from a job you don't do.

Latest

Trending

Trending