The Student Room Group

Will I fail my module?

I am really confused and worried, I had an assigment to hand in last week but missed the deadline (all my own fault, totally. I have no good reasons). I tried emailing and phoning my tutor to explain I hadn't submitted it but she's been out of uni so I've not heard from her.

The trouble is, it counts for 50% of my module grade. I am very confident I will do well in the written exam since its my best subject, but will I still fail anyway for not submitting the assignment? Even if I get top marks for the written exam?
:confused:
Reply 1
It totally depends on your uni. For my uni, any essay handed in a second late is an automatic fail. The only way to pass would be to get an 80+ in the exam, which would be fairly difficlt. But some uni's won't even let you do that and might stipulate that you have to pass both the coursework and exam element. It should be written in your handbook somewhere....or you could contact the departmental office?
It depends on your uni policy regarding late coursework. Contact someone else instead of your tutor - and have you handed it in? You should aim to do that before anything else.
Reply 3
At UCLan, we have to pass every assignment.

Handing an assignment in up to 10 days late means you'll get a maximum of 40% (the lowest possible pass), and anything after 10 days late is a complete fail and then requires a module re-take. If you've not handed the assignment in because you're still waiting for your tutor to respond, get it in as quickly as possible in case your university has similar time limits.
Reply 4
For us, anything handed in after the deadline (unless it's got extension written all over it) means a fail so if it's not a 100% worth essay, you have to do incredibly well in order to still pass.

Check your student handbook - that's what they're there for

Latest

Trending

Trending