Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michiyo
X

Woo
A bit late :lol:
Welcome to UK!!!
Glad SF is aproved :smile:
Ohh jitsu!! :biggrin:
Hope you also enjoy your accomadation (sorry you couldnt get halls though (but trust me you can host some amazing house parties :teehee: )
Reply 102
Original post by ClearSky II
Aww, you sound so close to your sisters! :hugs:
Sounds like you had a great time :five:

Never eaten an avocado before :lolwut: ?

How old is your grandmother if you don't mind me asking? :biggrin:

That is because we are :colondollar: I love them most in the world :love:

Indeed, I did :ahee:

:nope: Avocados were not exactly commonplace in Romania when I was growing up. :laugh:

I do not mind, do not worry! :hugs: The only problem is that I do not really know how old she is. :redface: I think she is like 74 or something? I think she was born in the early 40s. :dontknow: In my mind, I only have a single grandmother, and she died last year two days before my first AS government and politics exam at the age of 90. (She was actually my great-aunt who adopted my mother when she was four, but my latest entry is enough delving into my complicated family for now. :rofl: ) The thing is that when someone does not grow up around certain members of the family, they have a hard time thinking of the family members they meet later as real family. This is what is happening to me right now with my paternal family. :hide:

Original post by IKEAPanda37
MICHIYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:
Great that your SFE stuff is all sorted out :woo: And dont worry, I did it when I couldnt find my NI number so I cant say anything really :giggle: We still lov you :lovehug:

Ooh jinjitsu, very cool :yep:
And yay at being able to do both German and Japanese :party:

OMG that karaage chickn looks delicious :drool:
Amd the ice cream sounds interesting too :tongue: Cantelope is melon right? (i dont like melon :hide:)
Im just jealous you went to a food festival, i think we had one but couldnt go to it :frown:

Nice at meeting new relatives :yep: I find parties for people you dont even know really awkward :lol: But food and drink is always good :giggle:

Amusment parks = :eek: :eek2: :eek3: :eek4:
Not a fan of rides tbh altho once on holiday last year I made myself go on the water chute 3 times in an attempt to face my fears
Love bumper cars tho :gah: Went on them ofr the first time this year in ages and remembered why theyre so cool :biggrin:

Good that youve been spending time with your sister before you leave :yep:
I wish you a lovely flight to the UK :hugs:
Wait did you mean today as tomorrow or tomorrow tomorrow? :confused:

CALLIE!!!!! :jumphug: :lovehug: :love: :lovie: :lovie2:

I love you too! :cube:

Same :biggrin: They asked for more proof, so I will ring them and remind them that I have already sent EVERYTHING :grumble:

Jiu jitsu* :smile:

I am glad too :blushing:

It was delicious :tongue:

Yes :biggrin: Aww, it is okay :hugs: More melon for me :colone:

Sorry to hear that :console: It is fine, you can always go to one! :grin: I could only go because I have a sister who loves me and knows about such things :getmecoat:

It was awkward, but I hope it will be better next time. :dance:

Well done for facing your fears! :party:

Bumper cars are the best :u:

Spending time with my sisters is glorious :love:

Whether it was a good flight or not is a thing for the next entry :wink2:

I meant tomorrow as in the 19th. :h:

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Prsom :frown:
:hugs: safe journey
Always here for u :love:

Thank you :lovehug:

Always here for you too :lovie:

Original post by Kindred
Note to self: do not insult @Michiyo 's odd taste in ice cream or she will beat you up with her new found martial arts skill.

Spoiler

Avocado is life! All hail the mighty avocado! (I like avocado)
Try it with scrambled egg and toast or mozzarella, tomato and gnocchi. You will not regret it. :biggrin:

Super excited to have you in the same country! Welcome to England! (for whenever you get here) :nyan:

I just like to mix flavours! :lol: For example, when I get a slushie, I always ask for one with everything (all the flavours combined). :giggle: I also got yet another thing with an interesting and unusual flavour mix today, but more on that in the next entry. :flute:

I would not be able to beat anyone up lest they attack me :hide:

It WAS yummy! :drool: Not sure what I got odd looks for because it was really good. :dontknow:

Avocado was better than expected. :eek: I thought it would suck, but it was edible. :smile:

Thank you for the tip, I might actually try it once. :biggrin:

Thank you! :hugs: Nice to be back :woo:

Original post by Labrador99
Hope you have a safe journey @Michiyo :hugs: :smile:

Original post by wolfmoon88

Thank you, lovelies! :grouphugs: I managed to get to the UK safely. :dancing:

Original post by toonervoustotalk
Woo
A bit late :lol:
Welcome to UK!!!
Glad SF is aproved :smile:
Ohh jitsu!! :biggrin:
Hope you also enjoy your accomadation (sorry you couldnt get halls though (but trust me you can host some amazing house parties :teehee: )

You were not late at all! :lovie2:

Thank you! :hat2:

I am on hold because SFE does not realise I already sent them everything, but I will sort that out. :h:

I am not in Colchester (where my university is) yet. :smile: I am in a town in Somerset (where my mother lives and where I used to live) and came to the UK early to get a bank account and insurance number, but I do not even have to enrol in person until the 5th. :toofunny:

It is okay, I will handle this! :woo:

Ooooh, parties :teehee:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 103
Original post by King42415
There is so much in here, that all I can say is, it looks like it's going well so far! Hopefully you'll get that class change you wanted!

Yeah, sorry about that :ashamed: It is just that so many relevant or cool things happened that I had to cram them in somehow :hide: Not all of my entries will be that long, though! :biggrin: Just this one because it was special. :h:

Did Michiyo get the class change she wanted? Find out next time on The Michiyo Mysteries! :smile:
Original post by Michiyo

:nope: Avocados were not exactly commonplace in Romania when I was growing up. :laugh:

I do not mind, do not worry! :hugs: The only problem is that I do not really know how old she is. :redface: I think she is like 74 or something? I think she was born in the early 40s. :dontknow: In my mind, I only have a single grandmother, and she died last year two days before my first AS government and politics exam at the age of 90. (She was actually my great-aunt who adopted my mother when she was four, but my latest entry is enough delving into my complicated family for now. :rofl: ) The thing is that when someone does not grow up around certain members of the family, they have a hard time thinking of the family members they meet later as real family. This is what is happening to me right now with my paternal family. :hide:

CALLIE!!!!! :jumphug: :lovehug: :love: :lovie: :lovie2:

I love you too! :cube:

Same :biggrin: They asked for more proof, so I will ring them and remind them that I have already sent EVERYTHING :grumble:

Jiu jitsu* :smile:

I am glad too :blushing:

It was delicious :tongue:

Yes :biggrin: Aww, it is okay :hugs: More melon for me :colone:

Sorry to hear that :console: It is fine, you can always go to one! :grin: I could only go because I have a sister who loves me and knows about such things :getmecoat:

It was awkward, but I hope it will be better next time. :dance:

Well done for facing your fears! :party:

Bumper cars are the best :u:

Spending time with my sisters is glorious :love:

Whether it was a good flight or not is a thing for the next entry :wink2:

I meant tomorrow as in the 19th. :h:

Thank you :lovehug:

Always here for you too :lovie:

I just like to mix flavours! :lol: For example, when I get a slushie, I always ask for one with everything (all the flavours combined). :giggle: I also got yet another thing with an interesting and unusual flavour mix today, but more on that in the next entry. :flute:

It WAS yummy! :drool: Not sure what I got odd looks for because it was really good. :dontknow:

Avocado was better than expected. :eek: I thought it would suck, but it was edible. :smile:

Thank you, lovelies! :grouphugs: I managed to get to the UK safely. :dancing:

You were not late at all! :lovie2:

Thank you! :hat2:

I am on hold because SFE does not realise I already sent them everything, but I will sort that out. :h:

I am not in Colchester (where my university is) yet. :smile: I am in a town in Somerset (where my mother lives and where I used to live) and came to the UK early to get a bank account and insurance number, but I do not even have to enrol in person until the 5th. :toofunny:

It is okay, I will handle this! :woo:

Ooooh, parties :teehee:

Kaarage chicken is amazing btw :tongue: :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 105
Original post by wolfmoon88
Kaarage chicken is amazing btw :tongue: :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know :wink:

Hope you have been well, my dear wolfmoony :hugs:
Original post by Michiyo
I know :wink:

Hope you have been well, my dear wolfmoony :hugs:

:hugs: life has just been slow, same old really :tongue: glad you safely arrived in the UK :yep: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Michiyo

Mixing slushes is the best way to do it! Did they have ice blasts last time you were in the UK? You need to try one! Fizzy slush. :biggrin:

That's how I felt about avocado to start and now I seem to have grown a slight obsession with it :laugh:
I haven't had any in ages though. I need to have some gnocchi soon to fill my needs. :tongue:

Glad to have you here. Hope you enjoy your time and kick ass at uni (figuratively and literally) :tongue:
Reply 108
Welcome to The Michiyo Mysteries and the MMMMM (The Michiyo Mysteries: Making Magnificent Memories) family to @Deyesy and @Protostar! :party: Thank you so much for your interest and I am super excited and happy to have you two lovelies here. :lovehug: I hope you are both alright and that everything will go well for you :heart:
Reply 109
Original post by Kindred
Mixing slushes is the best way to do it! Did they have ice blasts last time you were in the UK? You need to try one! Fizzy slush. :biggrin:

That's how I felt about avocado to start and now I seem to have grown a slight obsession with it :laugh:
I haven't had any in ages though. I need to have some gnocchi soon to fill my needs. :tongue:

Glad to have you here. Hope you enjoy your time and kick ass at uni (figuratively and literally) :tongue:

IKR? :awesome: Slushies are better with more flavours :yep:

No :gasp: I definitely will! Thank you for telling me :hugs:

Thank you! :lovehug:
Original post by Michiyo
IKR? :awesome: Slushies are better with more flavours :yep:

No :gasp: I definitely will! Thank you for telling me :hugs:

Thank you! :lovehug:

You get them from Cineworld cinemas. :smile:
Original post by Michiyo

I wish it was the same with my brothers :sad:

Oh riiiight, my grandparents normally came to the UK every year and they loved avocados and papayas :giggle:

I am pretty close to my grandparents but I have never met my great-grandmother either :dontknow: I hope I can visit her one day before it's too late...
I know what you mean, though. It is awkward meeting family members who you haven't seen before :rofl:

How are you then? :mmm:
Reply 112

Entry 3 Finding Michiyo

Title: Finding Nemo (film)
Period of time: 19th-28th September
Mood: Worried
Smiley: :ashamed:

I. Coming to the UK
I woke up after sleeping for two hours. My father drove me and SIII to the airport. SIII and I held hands all the way to the airport and half the time while in the airport. :laugh:

Before I left, SIII and I started crying. :bawling: Father was struggling not to cry too. We hugged and I boarded the plane. My poor sister tracked my flight and cried like a baby for more than an hour afterwards. :cry2:

My flight began like a typical nightmare flight you see in films, with a snorer on my left, two crying and screaming babies, and a child who kept hitting my chair and whose mother angrily said ‘Yeah, it’s a kid! You have a problem with that?!’ when I turned around. YES, YOU BET I HAVE A PROBLEM! :angry: I DESERVE THE SAME COMFORT WE BOTH PAID FOR TOO, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. :mad: Of course, I did not say that. I claimed to be checking up on them to see if everything is okay (while secretly punching and throwing that kid out the window in my mind). :grumble:

In Luton, the ticket vendor recommended I go to the London Victoria Coach Station, so that is what I did (it took two hours!). I got a ticket to Bristol (the closest major city to my final destination) and sat next to an older lady on the coach.

Unfortunately, my roaming did not work. I could not receive or make/send any calls/messages and connect to the internet. :erm: My new phone's turn off/on button was busted and I could not figure out how to take out the SIM card. I tried to message SIII from someone’s phone, but that person had no credit and I did not have any phone numbers memorised. :ashamed2: (If you go anywhere, do not rely on your phone. Note down your family’s phone numbers.) My poor family was worried sick. :sad:

On the coach, I noticed the lady next to me looked on Amnesty International’s site. That is what convinced me that were I to ask for help, she was likely to help (I am such a good judge of character). I asked where the terminal is in Bristol and in the town I was heading towards. She looked them up for me, pointed out the coach was going to my town as well, and was ready to talk for me in order to persuade the driver to let me get off there. Luckily, the driver was a nice and jolly old man and let me on the coach until I reached my destination without charging me extra! :party: I hugged the lady in the end. :hugs:

I know they will never see this, but a huge THANK YOU to the lovely lady and driver! :adore: I was so scared I will not make it in time and that I will have to sleep in the Bristol coach station (my family would have filed a missing person report if that occurred) and they helped and calmed me down. May everyone be as kind and helpful as them. :love: They are the type of people who give me hope and maintain my faith in humanity. :yep:

My mother awaited my arrival in the coach station for three hours. I felt really bad for worrying everyone, but at least I got home safely and for just £27.80. :proud:

II. SFE and National Insurance Number
My mother had to resend the PFF1 form and my original birth certificate (which I really did not want to do). :sigh:

I had my National Insurance number interview, so it will hopefully arrive soon! :woo:

III. Accommodation and University
Today, I called regarding a room in Colchester and the agency agreed to let it to me without me seeing it (it would have been too expensive to go see it). :dance: Then, I logged on my email and saw an accommodation offer from my university! :eek3: The university accommodation costs £2000 more, but I decided to go for it because there is no way in hell I am paying £1333 next Wednesday. :lol:

My timetable clash was resolved. :biggrin:

IV. Miscellaneous
On the 20th, I got lost looking for the hotel I am staying at. The woman who helped me happened to be a teacher at my former college! :zomg: (I hugged her too. :rofl: )

Also on that day, I had lardy cake for the first time and got a delicious blueberry muffin and fruit cocktail milkshake from this milkshake store I used to visit with a college friend. :drool:

While in Taunton, I got a new fluffy pair of slippers with teddy bears on them. :awesome:

There is a café I have always bought chips from ever since I first came to the UK in July 2014. I bought chips from them again. :love: They even remembered me and my order! :fan:

I bought a UK SIM card. :grin:

Shoutout to @Jack22031994 for being great and listening to me rant yesterday. :cube:

I found out @wonderuss is starting at Essex next month too! :biggrin:

Next up: ESSEX! :party2:
TL;DR: Stereotypical nightmare flight, roaming not working, everyone was worried. Met some kind people. SFE trouble. Waiting for my National Insurance number. Got university accommodation. Lardy cake, milkshake, fluffy slippers, chips, SIM card, potential IRL friend.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Oh no! Sounds like an absolute nightmare of a time! :eek: I'm glad you're safe and you have your accommodation sorted though!!
Reply 114
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Oh no! Sounds like an absolute nightmare of a time! :eek: I'm glad you're safe and you have your accommodation sorted though!!

Aww, thank you for your support! :hugs: It is all nice and happy now :jive:

I cannot wait to move :gah: I am so excited! :excited:
Original post by Michiyo

Sorry for the long entry again! :adore: I promise they will be shorter on average. :getmecoat:

Entry 3 Looking for Michiyo

Title: Looking for Nemo (film)
Period of time: 19th-28th September
Mood: Worried
Smiley: :ashamed:

I. Coming to the UK
I woke up after sleeping for two hours. My father drove me and SIII to the airport. SIII and I held hands all the way to the airport and half the time while in the airport. :laugh:

Before I left, SIII and I started crying. :bawling: Father was struggling not to cry too. We hugged and I boarded the plane. My poor sister tracked my flight and cried like a baby for more than an hour afterwards. :cry2:

My flight began like a typical nightmare flight you see in films, with a snorer on my left, two crying and screaming babies, and a child who kept hitting my chair and whose mother angrily said ‘Yeah, it’s a kid! You have a problem with that?!’ when I turned around. YES, YOU BET I HAVE A PROBLEM! :angry: I DESERVE THE SAME COMFORT WE BOTH PAID FOR TOO, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. :mad: Of course, I did not say that. I claimed to be checking up on them to see if everything is okay (while secretly punching and throwing that kid out the window in my mind). :grumble:

In Luton, the ticket vendor recommended I go to the London Victoria Coach Station, so that is what I did (it took two hours!). I got a ticket to Bristol (the closest major city to my final destination) and sat next to an older lady on the coach.

Unfortunately, my roaming did not work. I could not receive or make/send any calls/messages and connect to the internet. :erm: My new phone's turn off/on button was busted and I could not figure out how to take out the SIM card. I tried to message SIII from someone’s phone, but that person had no credit and I did not have any phone numbers memorised. :ashamed2: (If you go anywhere, do not rely on your phone. Note down your family’s phone numbers.) My poor family was worried sick. :sad:

On the coach, I noticed the lady next to me looked on Amnesty International’s site. That is what convinced me that were I to ask for help, she was likely to help (I am such a good judge of character). I asked where the terminal is in Bristol and in the town I was heading towards. She looked them up for me, pointed out the coach was going to my town as well, and was ready to talk for me in order to persuade the driver to let me get off there. Luckily, the driver was a nice and jolly old man and let me on the coach until I reached my destination without charging me extra! :party: I hugged the lady in the end. :hugs:

I know they will never see this, but a huge THANK YOU to the lovely lady and driver! :adore: I was so scared I will not make it in time and that I will have to sleep in the Bristol coach station (my family would have filed a missing person report if that occurred) and they helped and calmed me down. May everyone be as kind and helpful as them. :love: They are the type of people who give me hope and maintain my faith in humanity. :yep:

My mother awaited my arrival in the coach station for three hours. I felt really bad for worrying everyone, but at least I got home safely and for just £27.80. :proud:

II. SFE and National Insurance Number
My mother had to resend the PFF1 form and my original birth certificate (which I really did not want to do). :sigh:

I had my National Insurance number interview, so it will hopefully arrive soon! :woo:

III. Accommodation and University
Today, I called regarding a room in Colchester and the agency agreed to let it to me without me seeing it (it would have been too expensive to go see it). :dance: Then, I logged on my email and saw an accommodation offer from my university! :eek3: The university accommodation costs £2000 more, but I decided to go for it because there is no way in hell I am paying £1333 next Wednesday. :lol:

My timetable clash was resolved. :biggrin:

IV. Miscellaneous
On the 20th, I got lost looking for the hotel I am staying at. The woman who helped me happened to be a teacher at my former college! :zomg: (I hugged her too. :rofl: )

Also on that day, I had lardy cake for the first time and got a delicious blueberry muffin and fruit cocktail milkshake from this milkshake store I used to visit with a college friend. :drool:

While in Taunton, I got a new fluffy pair of slippers with teddy bears on them. :awesome:

There is a café I have always bought chips from ever since I first came to the UK in July 2014. I bought chips from them again. :love: They even remembered me and my order! :fan:

I bought a UK SIM card. :grin:

I found out @wonderuss is starting at Essex next month too! :biggrin:

Next up: ESSEX! :party2:
TL;DR: Stereotypical nightmare flight, roaming not working, everyone was worried. Met some kind people. SFE trouble. Waiting for my National Insurance number. Got university accommodation. Lardy cake, milkshake, fluffy slippers, chips, SIM card, potential IRL friend.

Spoiler

Uni accommodation?! :parrot::thumbsup:
Your poor family (and you). That must have been worrying.
Glad you're her safely and have some of those complications sorted out.
Good luck at uni! :woo:
Reply 116
Original post by Kindred
Uni accommodation?! :parrot::thumbsup:
Your poor family (and you). That must have been worrying.
Glad you're her safely and have some of those complications sorted out.
Good luck at uni! :woo:

I know, right? :party2: I was not expecting it, to be honest :laugh:

Indeed :sad: My poor family, what they had to go through! My mother does not have a healthy heart either (she had a pre-stroke or something like that which had her hospitalised for like a week last year...), so I cannot imagine the toll all of that took on her :ashamed: She even said she would have had a heart attack if I did not turn up :hide:

Thank you :hugs: I am so happy that everything is now solved! I can finally go to university without worrying :grin: (I mean, I still have to send my birth certificate and the form, but I can do that tomorrow and have a relaxing weekend :biggrin: )

Aww, thank you :lovehug:

I cannot wait! :bigsmile:
Original post by Michiyo
(If you go anywhere, do not rely on your phone. Note down your family’s phone numbers.) My poor family was worried sick. :sad:
#EastPutney :sly:

@CheeseIsVeg :giggle:
:rofl:

Original post by chelseadagg3r
I feel slightly as though me and @Michiyo lived through parts of this together so you have no idea how relieved I am that you're at this stage.:h:
How long did the travelling part last, it sounds like it took at least 3 days?:argh:
At least you are there now:clap2:
Original post by Michiyo
I know, right? :party2: I was not expecting it, to be honest :laugh:

Indeed :sad: My poor family, what they had to go through! My mother does not have a healthy heart either (she had a pre-stroke or something like that which had her hospitalised for like a week last year...), so I cannot imagine the toll all of that took on her :ashamed: She even said she would have had a heart attack if I did not turn up :hide:

Thank you :hugs: I am so happy that everything is now solved! I can finally go to university without worrying :grin: (I mean, I still have to send my birth certificate and the form, but I can do that tomorrow and have a relaxing weekend :biggrin: )

Aww, thank you :lovehug:

I cannot wait! :bigsmile:

Oh dear. At least you're there safe and sound now. :biggrin:

You deserve a nice relaxing weekend!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending