The Student Room Group
Reply 1
chances chances....why does everyone think this is a game of chance....THEY DONT ROLL DICE TO SEE WHO GETS IN!

You have all A's, that's good enough....just apply. If you're interview/extra work sucks then your chances are low....if the interview goes well, your chances are high. There is that any clearer!
Reply 2
I'd agree with Willa and say go for it. You have very good grades :smile:
Reply 3
OOO you have a C at GCSE. They won't even consider you :tongue:
Reply 4
Grades mean nothing if you can't think for yourself or think on the spot. The interview (although claimed not to be so important by Oxbridge) is practically the only thing that matters when applying to Oxbridge. Prepare yourself well and good luck.
Reply 5
Umm... read the FAQ at the top of this forum?
Adhsur

Great(!)
Dynamite
Hoping to apply to oxford or cambridge for geography. Just wondered what you guys think my chances are like:

G.C.S.E's: 5 A*s 5As, 1B, 1C

AS Levels: Maths: A
Geography: A
History: A
Biology: A
ICT: A

Thanks!

Predictions for A2?
Reply 8
As long as you are enthusiastic about your subject you'll do fine.

I have a question.

In a general interview (non subject specific) what sort of things do you talk about (other than why uni/college)?
Reply 9
SsEe
In a general interview (non subject specific) what sort of things do you talk about (other than why uni/college)?

It depends what the person taking it wants to discuss! It can vary between just seeing how you cope with handling arguments to discussing current affairs to discussing your interests / activities. Essentially, they are trying to see whether you'll fit into the college and what sort of person you are in a general academic sense, so this is the hardest interview to predict because they can evaluate those criteria in any way they want!

Just be yourself. Other than that, I'd just advise you to read a newspaper.
I found I got mostly academic questions in my non-academic interview (I was applying for natsci and my general interviewer was the then-Dean, who happened to be a geneticist!). I do think they do it deliberately though - certainly at Sidney anyway - because everybody in my year seemed to get a general interviewer who was able to ask them some questions about their subject. Just be warned and don't let it throw you if they do ask you about academic stuff - it threw me a bit!
good stuff
Reply 12
Adhsur

Actually - I know somebody who got 2 Cs at GCSE and he got into Oxford for Law (Pembroke). :biggrin:
Reply 13
Misbah Imtiaz
Actually - I know somebody who got 2 Cs at GCSE and he got into Oxford for Law (Pembroke). :biggrin:

Sense of humour failure?

All the cool kids get at least one D to get into Oxbridge, anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending