Grades AAA in
Mathematics
Physics
Computing"
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 81
Congrats Kalashnikov. I am still waiting for my to pop up. I hope it is going to be within two weeks as they promise.
Reply 82
oo i got an interview letter from Imperial!
lol you told me today :P

Good luck with that :smile:
Reply 84
when do you have your interview schedueled? Good luck on your interview :smile:
Reply 85
thx its on the 6th of feb
Reply 86
Should I give up my hopes if they haven't sent me anything yet? And congrats to all of you... :smile:
Reply 87
ring them and ask, sometimes the letter is lost or something.
Reply 88
And how do I know if they have interest in me? I don't want to call and seem stupid, you know. :smile:
Reply 89
Why would you? You are not a prostitute who sells herself and is worried that someone might not like her. You are a prospective student, and their job is to answer you queries. I would ask them, if you snet application long ago.
Reply 90
I sent it off on 12th January, so it wasn't so long ago. But the last interview time is on 20th February and I think, they must leave you some time to arrange traveling to London and so on... Therefore I came to be quite scared. :smile:
Reply 91
You are an englishman (wild guess), no problem in communication (I guess), have a phone (most likely) - do it!
Reply 92
I'll try, probably. THanks. Btw., you cheered me up, I'm not englishman, but if I was able to make you think that, it means that my english is not THAT bad. :biggrin:
Its very interesting how many people from Bratislava are applying to Imperial and go on TSR. I know of 2, one doing computing, and another one not applying to Imp doing computing. I'd never expect this to happen, as the place is really small. I guess the school system there really does emphasize mathematical subjects, certain when I went to school in slovakia, the math level was far higher than here.
Reply 94
Unfortunately, i haven't met an polish students applying for undergraduate course for imperial...
Reply 95
I know three Polish students in my year (well, one graduated last year, but I'm 4th year). There aren't many people on TSR when you remember how many people are applying, so you can't really draw any conclusions.
Reply 96
Wais: The question is, which school in Slovakia you were at. If you were at high school, I understand it since we have quite good high schools. But the Unis - I can't compare british and slovak unis (because I wasn't either at slovak or british), but I think that world league tables don't lie. Simply Imperial should be better and also I want to perfect my english... :smile:
Reply 97
yassir, see you there tommorrow :biggrin: how many of us do you reckon there will be? there are a couple from other faculties, but departments do tours etc seperately right?

is pure maths all you need to know? surely they won't ask any of vector stuff right? concepts of infinity, calculus, and imaginary aren't too challenging,... but drawing graphs! :s-smilie: do you reckon i should pretend i don't know what the answer to a question is even if i do, just to stage myself as being 'teachable'? or is it an advantage that you already know?
/that would be the dumbest thing you can ever do
Reply 99
Heh, I got invitation to interview 2 days ago, so I'm now worried only about it. :smile: But thanks for moral support. :smile: What should I do if they ask me something about integrals and I haven't learned them yet? (Maybe you noticed I'm not from UK. :smile:) Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending