Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Referencing websites in text, harvard style!!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

sorry to be a nuisance, this has probably been asked so many times!

i just need to know how to reference websites in the text, do i put the whole website and the date or what?

argh!

thanks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Google has the answer.

Website with author
    Take the information from the webpage itself or the associated homepage - use the title bar and the credits at the bottom of the page, your own date of viewing the page and insert the words [online] and Available from World Wide Web:
    FAMILY NAME, INITIAL(S). Year. Title [online]. [Date accessed]. Available from World Wide Web : <url of site>

HAWKING, S. 2000. Professor Stephen Hawking's website [online]. [Accessed 9th May 2002]. Available from World Wide Web: <http://www.hawking.org.uk/home/hindex.html>

Website with no author
    Take the information from the webpage itself or the associated homepage - use the title bar and the credits at the bottom of the page, your own date of viewing the page and insert the words [online] and Available from World Wide Web:
    Title of website.Year as appearing on site [online]. [Date accessed]. Available from World Wide Web : <url of site>

Feminist Collections A Quarterly of Women's Studies Resources. 2002. [online]. [Accessed 9th May 2002]. Available from World Wide Web: <http://www.library.wisc.edu/libraries/WomensStudies/fcmain.htm>
    Link

Use MLA though, Harvard sucks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creak)
    Google has the answer.

Link

Use MLA though, Harvard sucks.

Hello, thanks for your help. See what you have given me what I know, that's what frustrating me!! I need to know how to reference in the actually text throughout the essay but can only find info for the bibliography :mad:

I have to use Harvard, sucks I know
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just subscribing for posterity...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    With the google example I would just do (Hawking, 2000) in the text and then
    Hawking, S. (2000) title of article/webpage. Available at: [url] Accessed on 7/12/2007.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thank you. im not sure if the (hawking, 2000) is APA style or Harvard
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Hawking, 2000) is harvard style citing, I used that all last year at uni and my referencing was never marked down.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This has been sooo useful, but how would you cite the second reference you gave? if the website has no author, what would you write?? cheers

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 31, 2011
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.