The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I find it wayy harder than any other subject.
The sheer volume of stoof you have to learn is yucky.

Ahh. Don't worry. Learn past paper mark scheme answers..rather than learning a lot of irrelevant facts.
Reply 2
I don't think I've been given any past paper to try, is there any where I can locate them myself?
Reply 3
Which Exam Board are you doing, just go on here past paper section.

www.aqa.org
www.ocr.org

Something like that anyway, just type the Exam board in Google and it should come up.
Reply 4
the ocr came up as a Ocean Conservation Research, somehow I think thats the wrong link lol.
Reply 6
I am doing a2 biology-ocr. Yup...biology is simple stuff but the amount of stuff you have to learn is incredible! It gets worse at a2...the synopsis paper is everything you study at as and a2. My advice unless you really have to do it for a uni course or like/enjoy/have a passion for it dont do it....too time consuming.
Or get 90%+ at AS then backoff at A2 and get a low B, You will get an A overall and it's easier to do it that way.
Reply 8
im not doing it at uni, i only took it because I didn't fancy doing Maths !

(my college had bad options)

ive already asked to drop it, but my parents are being gay and aren't letting me, and college think I can do it.
im not taking the exam at AS because the college has messed up it's examination centre stuff, so i have to wait until a2 =/

thankyou for the link btw =]
i hope its going to be helpful.
6 Biology exams in one year would be one major mind-**** O_o

At my school we had 3 consecutive AS exams in June and that was bad enough!
Oh great.

I havent got the choice of doing it at AS though,
and its not like I enjoy the subject =///
Apparently Biology A-Level is the hardest one in terms of bredth of knowledge. But it is a good A-Level to have, although it depends what you want to do.
I don't even want to use Bio in the future =/

I took it because its always interested me,
but now it doesnt.

Im guessing most of the Science a lvls are hard though
Biology is the most work, but the least conceptually difficult science A-Level in my oppinion.
Reply 14
ChrisRH
Or get 90%+ at AS then backoff at A2 and get a low B, You will get an A overall and it's easier to do it that way.

thats what i did...sort of...i got 284/300:biggrin: UMS at as levels so at a level i only need a high C to get an A !:rolleyes:
Reply 15
MEH!!
I hate the teaching of biology but Love the subject so im torn with it.

My tutor inisists of giving us a booklet of 3 past papers to complete for the next day. Its also my biggest feat as acadmically im not outstanding but not **** and I wished I didnt take it becuase its effected my uni choices as I am applying for Law.

With me its not so much the knowledge and remember the stuff its actually answering the question correctly. I know it sounds daft but I tend never to be able to hit home with what the questions asking me, if more than 2marks :|
mizmo
With me its not so much the knowledge and remember the stuff its actually answering the question correctly.

I agree totally. [=.

Alsoo..yeah get 90%+ at AS..but sometimes that isnt even enough!. S'an unintended backoff!! *crosses fingers*

In AQA, coursework is also a massive part with an entire module out of 90 being devoted to it. And i think there is another coursework module to come. So 180/600 = coursework! Free marks to be had!
urgh ok, so bio is sucky.

fact
Reply 18
In all honestly my advice is that of someone elses above whom Im to lazy to scroll up to quote.

If your not going on to do a career/degree that biology is required then DONT, do something easy, I wish I took politics or even buisness studies, them things will help me in later life with career/ intreasts. I can see myself talking about production of ATP soon!

I was asked to carry on to do Biology A2 even though a got a low grade for myself - D! After alot of being talked to and convence I had what it takes to get a C, B even A. Yet when I went to my first class I found out that there was just enough people to get two small classes and that the biology pass rate had slipped so they needed more people who can just pass. An now I find myself ignoring my other subjects like Law and History the ones I enjoy and do well in just to try and please the demaning needs of my tutors.

**sorry for rant - im sat here surrounding by biology work**

Oh and a book a recommend is Revise A2 or As Biology by Heinemann its around £6 and I know it does both Aqa schemes but its simple to use and revise from! I found alot of my time goes from trying to extract information from the texts I get and converting them into bulliet points.

This book is my bible at the moment!

anyway sorry for going on :s-smilie:
id love to drop it,

but my parents think im a genius (!!!) and want me to continue with it,

also my mum keeps going on about how expensive the textbook was so I have to use it (N)

Latest