The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
student village.

but look at a couple of the threads around this one, people talking about accommodation.

:yy:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Cambridge halls are really sociable.

Student Village can be, but it's a bit hit and miss.
Student Village...although I have to move out, I've just quit MMU. :frown: I don't want to move out, it was the only good thing about uni.

This is nothing against MMU by the way, I've got a lot of reasons why I'm quitting that aren't to do with the uni as such.
Reply 4
where i student village?
which campus?
it's private accommodation, but it's right next to the All Saints campus, just off Oxford Rd.
Reply 6
o right
i was thinkin of goin to all saints in the camridge halls
but student village sounds good
Reply 7
y do ppl apply for private?
wudnt it be easier jus to get uni accomidation
Reply 8
i'm pretty sure private is cheaper. plus you don't have all the hassle of going through the university system. which from my application experience with mmu, is pretty appalling.
Reply 9
Its easier and cheaper with private halls.
plus if you already live in manchester they won't let you apply for mmu halls. plus you can do things like get your own internet and not pay rip off prices that halls like to charge
Reply 11
Anyone living in New Medlock House? Whats it like?
How far is Cosmo Halls from Canal Street?
Reply 13
Hands_Clean
How far is Cosmo Halls from Canal Street?

Within walking distance, but not that close. I would say at least half an hours walk.
Reply 14
Friendly_cow
plus if you already live in manchester they won't let you apply for mmu halls. plus you can do things like get your own internet and not pay rip off prices that halls like to charge

My halls don't make you pay for internet, its included in the rent, so its free really as are all the bills. As for the "stress" of getting university halls, i have no idea what your on about. The friends that live in private halls i.e. new medlock and liberty house, cambridge house have had more problems than i have had in getting accommodation. I don't have to pay any bills, they have to pay a deposit for theirs and pay any extra if it goes over a certain amount. Plus if you care to look, staying in private accommodation is more expensive than uni halls. But back to the point cambridge halls of residence is the most sociable, its a mad place to be but I love it, never a dull moment. And with living with 10 people you can't really be that bored.
Reply 15
i would definitely say if your gonna go through the uni go for cambridge halls!
my mate lives there and she loves it and they arent a dump either theyr really nice for "party halls".
I live in piccadilly point which is private, and if you go with unite (which is a private halls company in manc and the uk) it is so expensive compared to other halls around manchester. I love living here but it is quiet and i am a chilled person but i do like my nights out and when i go on a night out i like to go on a BIG night out.
I would have gone to uni halls if i got into them, i live to close to MMU so I got rejected from all their halls. but as a fresher i would recommend living on oxford road, even though my halls are gorgeous I do feel I've missed out on the student experience because there are a lot of foreign students (who are SO rude) and 2nd and third years. but saying that, private halls are better for when you have parties and have all your mates crash over, theres a lot more room.
If youv got the option of having university halls, go for it and go with Cambridge. It's a no brainer.
but they are also the hardest to get in because they are the most popular halls.
Reply 16
QueenC

I would have gone to uni halls if i got into them, i live to close to MMU so I got rejected from all their halls.

So if you live within a certain distance of the uni you can't stay in university owned halls?

I live in Didsbury which isnt far but do want to move out, therefore would I only have the option of private halls?
Reply 17
you live in didsbury and you want to spend like 3 grand on halls? :/
Reply 18
if you live in didsbury theres no chance of you gettin in halls. if you really want to live in halls then the best thing to do its wait until about october/november and then people woul dhave dropped out by thn & you can have their place. outside of cavendish building (my building i do fashion) theres a notice board with availability on it for all the mmu halls. but it would be basically impossible to get into cambridge halls, there havent been any spare spaces this year. but it you have a little word wth the accomodation people they might stick you on a waiting list and let you know as soon as a space is available.
Reply 19
squeak
you live in didsbury and you want to spend like 3 grand on halls? :/

Its more like £4000 with all the price increases.

Totally not worth it imo if you live in didsbury

Latest

Trending

Trending