The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The Letts ones usually point out which sections are particularly relevant for OCR B at the start of the book. The CGP ones usually state which bits you need to do at the start of each section too.
Reply 2
Any revision guide for Physics except the official Institute of Physics one.
Reply 3
I'm doing OCR B Physics at A2 and the official resources are dreadfully poor.
Sam Davyson's website has the best stuff I've found for it: http://sam.davyson.com/as/physics/
alex_hk90
I'm doing OCR B Physics at A2 and the official resources are dreadfully poor.
Sam Davyson's website has the best stuff I've found for it: http://sam.davyson.com/as/physics/

I agree with you to the awfulness of the IoP text book.
Also, Sam Davyson's website is excellent for AS part of the course but he doesn't seem to update A2 ones. I actually used his website to revise for AS exams, especially the Section C question. ::biggrin:
sunspoon
Any revision guide for Physics except the official Institute of Physics one.

I know, it's absolutely dreadful!
thanks, GAV i'll try those.
Reply 7
I haven't trusted CGP since I started finding so many errors in their guides ("Cold water holds less oxygen than warmer water" - and that's just off the top of my head).
I tend to just go with reading textbooks. It'll almost always have the syllabus and then some, so you get good background knowledge as well.
Formica
I haven't trusted CGP since I started finding so many errors in their guides ("Cold water holds less oxygen than warmer water" - and that's just off the top of my head).
I tend to just go with reading textbooks. It'll almost always have the syllabus and then some, so you get good background knowledge as well.

you mean those thick textbooks?
Reply 9
tempestuous_temperament
you mean those thick textbooks?

The very same. They don't seem so thick when you just read a few pages a night. Heck, the average Joe probably reads more than that browsing in newspapers and on the internet.

Thanks for that; it looks really good. :smile:

wow nice ill start using it now :smile:
thanks

Is it possible to get a printable version of your website or can I get the information from your website because I find it difficult to revise on the computer. I tend to do something else at the same time so I can't concentrate very well.
Reply 14
tempestuous_temperament
Is it possible to get a printable version of your website or can I get the information from your website because I find it difficult to revise on the computer. I tend to do something else at the same time so I can't concentrate very well.

only if you print one off

(or send me £100 and I'll do it for you ...)
Reply 15
tempestuous_temperament
I agree with you to the awfulness of the IoP text book.
Also, Sam Davyson's website is excellent for AS part of the course but he doesn't seem to update A2 ones. I actually used his website to revise for AS exams, especially the Section C question. ::biggrin:

I'll slap him in the face, if you want?
Robob
I'll slap him in the face, if you want?

slap who? Sam Davyson?
Reply 17
tempestuous_temperament
slap who? Sam Davyson?

Yeah
Robob
Yeah

So I guess you know him. Good.
Tell him to update the A2 stuffs otherwise he deserves to get slapped :P
Reply 19
tempestuous_temperament
So I guess you know him. Good.
Tell him to update the A2 stuffs otherwise he deserves to get slapped :P

Well in the end he never did his A2s, he dropped out and became a benedictine monk in northern italy.

Latest