The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nope, I'm wrong. This is unit 7 and t'other one is unit 3. I do apologise :smile:
This is the A2 version of the Bronco Brian thing right? It looks like a similar farce to the way it was at AS. I just remember that marks are given for stating the bleeding obvious.

eg, Data input section: Data will be inputted using a keyboard. etc.
Reply 3
indeed hahaha.
Yes, this is the 10 Hour database exam.
pretty simple... and if you dont know what to do just look it up at home when you finish your hours for the day :P
Reply 4
Im doing the same exam from the scenario

Im guessing the tables are Points,Members and Rides
I am doing this exam too. Think it starts next week :s-smilie:

Anyway, as a tip, there is normally always 5 tables. On every one we have practised with there has been 5 tables, although i wouldn't count on it as they may try and trick us this year.

Anyway the tables my class has guessed so far:

Members
Obvious. Also contains how many points they have.

Rides
Also Obvious.

Bookings
Subform for sessions. Contains own unique ID, Member ID, Session ID, and Date Booking Made.

Sessions
Own ID to link to bookings, Ride ID, Date and Time. All 4 fields should be unique.

This is just a guess, im not 100% sure but its going to be on the same lines anyway. Also a 5th table might be needed.
Reply 6
Ah that seems very logical

well the exam is 10 hours long and is split into 5 stages for me so 2 hours each session ranging from 7th-22nd of Jan. First one starting on 7th.

The functional spec was said to be different so may not be the ordinary bullet pointed answers :biggrin:
Different how? i didn't hear about this...
Reply 8
Its not going to be the same apparently, what im hear from my teacher. Not exactly sure
Its going to be differnt thou,

Your Table Structres makes alot more sense than my one, I was never sure about Points and Your sessions table seems very logical
Reply 9
I am going to start this exam next week so if anyone has alredy strtd it cn dey gv me da questions plz
indeed same here or any hints or tips.
gman213, as the customer is the last 8 digits of the card number then it is pointless having a card number AND customer ID in the Card table.

Also what is the Number Reserved field in your sessions table for?

And isnt the ride value and the ride price the same thing?

Have you started this exam yet or are you just guessing from the pre-release??
Reply 12
this will assit u with the data types and info for sum of the tables.

Customer ID field is a 8 digit number, first 4 digits are 1000. Make data type auto number

Card Table
Customer ID in card must be 8 digit numbers again
Points Outstanding must be a number between 0 2000 (Validation Rule). The default value must be set to 2000.
Print Card set to YES or NO
Student set to YES or NO

Session
Session Number is a 6 digit number (starts with 673). Data type Auto number.
Session time has only 3 times (11.00, 14.00, 16.00) Set data type to Date/Time, then make look up value.
Number Reserved, must be 0-5
Ride Code, warning symbols. Field length 5, ?LL000, Like “??###”
Reservation Number –Auto Number.

more to follow....
Reply 13
gman213 your tables are good, however there not linked? did you normalise them and link them etc???
Reply 14
do you know what start up menu edexcel want you to create in the exam, is it AutoExec Macro or the other one from tools>startup????? have 30 ppl waiting to find out
Reply 15
does any 1 know wht macro is used to search for the card number in the customer form??
Reply 16
does any 1 know wht macro is used to search for the card number in the customer form??
Reply 17
That seems interesting only 4 questions. Are you asked to make a main menu?
Reply 18
i dont start till nxt friday! :P
n yes its natural to talk about the exam,
I had exam 2... a lil whyl ago. and my main problem is the card number. it reads 555519E+15 or sumtink lyk that but its mena be 5555 1946 (then customer ID) and it messes up everytime i import it into my card table and my session table.

Any help on how to get by the problem i.e what data type validation etc..

:smile: help would really be appreciated im behind lol

OK EDITED BIT:
What i mean is.
i need to stop the card number from being read 555519E+15...... and get it to default 55551946 and then get the customer id to auto go at the end.. ie 555519461000046

Latest