The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
evry1 has been saying 2 put the card and customer tbl 2getha, i tink its sumat 2 do wit wen u hav ur reservation table- thy wud bth link 2 tht, so u wud hav the cutsomer id that bring those detials up, and thn the card numb- wich is basically the customer ID tht will bring up their member details- wen realistically u wud only need 2 type the card numb in once and all of it appears 2getha
There doesnt need to be a card table.
Ignore the card number field it is completely pointless. You can just add the 5555 1946 later.

Edit: Just read sticky in main forum, Says to make it fair any edexcel topic like this one will be closed. And so i am not going to post again. or will only post relating to pre-release.
Reply 62
DarkenedHeart
There doesnt need to be a card table.
Ignore the card number field it is completely pointless. You can just add the 5555 1946 later.

And put the points outstanding, print card and student into the customer table.

Some people i see have put the ride code in the reservations table. Why?
Logically this goes in the sessions as each session is unique to a ride.

Edit: Just read sticky in main forum, Says to make it fair any edexcel topic like this one will be closed. And so i am not going to post again.

plz can u explain ur reltationships 2 me (DarkenedHeart) becoz i hav the ride code in/linked to the reservation tbl
Reply 63
ok, nvm- gess ur nt goin 2 help thn. hw obv ppl will confer if they split exams up. mine r literally a week apart at one point
I feel very bad for people who are doing this exam right now, am so glad am not in that position anymore. I did the exam last year for A2 ICT (I'm at university now), but this was the worst exam I had to do in my whole academic year. I was in the exact same position as people who are doing the exam right now, it was very stressful exam since nobody, even the teachers had a clue on what we were supposed to it. It was so bad that at one point some of the students had made a various complains about the way the course was taught. The whole course was a piece of rubbish, and its still taught in most schools in a very bad way.
Reply 65
i have my exams over 3 weeks an over weekends!! so everyone going 2 test databases!
i have 4 tables -
customer
rides
reservations
sessions

my relationships are-
customer tbl reservation tbl
customer ID 1-----------------many Customer Id

ride tbl reservation tble
ride code 1---------------many ride code

session tbl reservation tble
session number 1------------many session number

hope u understand this.
lozpod
you need a member/customer table
a ride table
a reservations table
session table

:biggrin:

Dont you think then that fields like Card ID will be reapeating data? As some of it is in the Customer ID...
Reply 67
duz any1 hav a coy of th data files, becoz i'm using my own practice data... like wat i input but i tink its messin up my database lmao!!

wat i dnt understand, we were tld 2 put a combo box in the member frm 4 th crd numb, so if i selct a part card num all details shud cum up... but it aintw rkin. it was at 1 point bt thn it dont no more.
Reply 68
no as it a different field
repeating data is within 1 field such as having 2 of the same customer id when making several reservations.
Reply 69
kapre i dn't know how 2 use combo boxes so i dn't understand wat u are trying 2 do!! sori
Right...

Who has a database that they have constructed at home with 4 tables that works and who has one with 5 tables that works... Whats the more logical number of tables because Im starting to get confused :s-smilie:

I would have thought having 5 tables would eliminate repeating data? As Card ID and Customer ID are sort of the same... therefore having seperate tables. Plus is it a possibility for a customer to have many cards?

Plus how would the macro be created for the reserve rides form? Im not that fluentent in macros and some help would be apprieciated.. :smile:

Thanks guys, you all rock!
Reply 71
i have a database with 4 tables and it works
i have no idea wat the macro would be for the reserve rides form i dn't know how they work. no-one has taught us how to do them!!
r4chel
i have a database with 4 tables and it works
i have no idea wat the macro would be for the reserve rides form i dn't know how they work. no-one has taught us how to do them!!

Ditto...:frown:
Reply 73
i know i dn't know wat 2 do for activity 3 pple keep sayin do this do that but i aint benn taught ANYTHING at all so dn't know how 2 do anything for it n got until tues 2 sort it out.:confused:
are people including the 10 point booking fee in all their work?
and what about the student field, does that literally just show that the person is a student or will we be required to include some form of deduction in point price
Reply 75
im not sur about deduction in point price i haven't read activity 4 in detail yet
i dn't know how to deduct the points off the customters points im realy struglling with it!!
page 1 or 2 had a design on how to do that on this thread
Reply 77
yeah i read it ova n ova n i still not sure on how it 2 do it :confused:
Guys,

How do you generate a card number when adding a new customer? this is boggling me!!!!!
yea its abit confusing to me too but im gonna test that out tomorrow, see if it will work or not, and then i will have to remember the step by step roughly so it works in my proper one

Edit: i dunno how to do that either and ive never heard of concatenate before

Latest