The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Archaeological Courses?

I'm aware that Manchester has an interesting selection of Archaeology-based courses: anyone here taking them? Which would you reccommend/are you impressed with/are you disappointed with?

I really, really want to study Archaeology. I've just dropped out of MMU on an English & History course which was naff...I just don't think I should have gone to uni this year - my finances and mental health have suffered unnecessarily, I feel! Anyway, I got BBD (History, Literature, Law) at college (there are reasons for the D) and the uni wants BBB...I could resit pretty easily if they wanted me to so I've emailed them about it but I haven't had a reply yet. To be honest though I'm hoping my enthusiasm for the subject will be my saving grace - I'm trying to get involved in some local voluntary excavations and I'm a recent member of the Bolton Archaeology and Egyptology Society. I also regularly visit ancient history museums nationally, and museums and galleries internationally as well.

What does everyone think my chances are for Apply 2008? I'm going to be working full-time up until then, and maybe re-sitting 2 Law modules as well, but I don't really want to put it off til 2009...I'd be nearly 21 then! *cry*

Any advice on my personal statement would be highly appreciated, and just some general pointers on approaching this whole messy situation would be great!

Cheers,

Lou

Latest

Trending

Trending