The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You're probably looking into it too much, but it could be a sign that he know he isn't rejecting you straight away :smile:

But don't get your hopes up too much :smile:

Good luck anyway :smile:
Reply 2
It's possible he's decided you're a definite. It's also possible it was just a slip of the mind/tongue. Speaking as somebody who spent a lot of time last week talking to applicants, it's difficult to constantly remind yourself that only one in four of the people you talk to will actually make it in. You constantly talk of "when" and then have to correct yourself to "if and when".

Don't read too much into it, but it could hardly be a bad sign. :P
Reply 3
ixnayonthehombre
I think your looking to much into it. He isn't going to decide there and then because of the others he has to interview, so he would have to say IF anyway.

Good Luck

The interviewers often know beforehand who they're definitely going to take, it's possible that the OP was simply one of these people. Or, on the other hand, it could just have been a slip of the tongue/joke. Without knowing which it was, it's impossible to read into it.
The interviewers often know beforehand who they're definitely going to take, it's possible that the OP was simply one of these people. Or, on the other hand, it could just have been a slip of the tongue/joke. Without knowing which it was, it's impossible to read into it.

Do they rank you before interview like I think I read somewhere?/ Does the interview affect this much? Thanks for your help! :smile:
Reply 5
You are ranked before interview
Reply 6
Opsimathmo

Hm, that could be good for me actually.
Reply 7
Opsimathmo

How/why? This may be again reading a bit too much into it but I just got back from EP at Oxford and felt like none of the questions were really challenging/in depth enough... I know a definite answer is impossible, but to what extent could this have been due to them previously ranking me and deciding I wasn't worth pushing? :confused:
Reply 8
Opsimathmo

is that true?if so, do you mean for oxford or cam?or both?!
Reply 9
Lol... way to induce panic. :biggrin:
Reply 10
Aenrinn
Lol... way to induce panic. :biggrin:

lol, well it has made me question things in my interview now...slightly concerning!oh well, it will all be over by january!
Reply 11
I suppose... good luck anyway, we might as well just be utterly over-analytical when it's all over instead :smile:
Reply 12
heh i didn't think my questions were THAT challening even though i was made to think i was expecting my interview to be a lot harder - maybe i'd been pre-ranked aswell. Also, my interview was on the 1st day - is that becuase they're getting rid of me quickly? doing the good ones first? or because i sent my caf off on the 13th, 2 days before the deadline and so my file was pretty close to the top? Heh, reading into stuff so much is fun if pointless
Reply 13
Don't read too much into it, but to be honest, I wouldn't shy away from seeing that as a positive thing. As said above, the inerviewers usually know quite early on who they definitely want.
Reply 14
Aenrinn
I suppose... good luck anyway, we might as well just be utterly over-analytical when it's all over instead :smile:

good luck to you too! what have you applied for/where?
i guess its better to leave the thinking until then....although after theyve met you a rejection may seem slightly more personal...so less analysing is probably better!

I totally agree with him, it's impossible, but those are probably the 2 most likely scenarios.

3232, how many people do you think they know they're going to take, aka, % of what they end up taking, and how do you know?
Reply 16
RevisionIsSoNotFun
Right I had an interview last week and my interviewer and I asked hm a question he didn't know...he said I'll tell you the answer when you get here. Is said IF!! Is that a hint that I got a place or not? Thanks x

I thought Cambridge was supposed to be for clever people? Your standard of communication is appalling. I'd be surprised if you got into any uni.
Reply 17
RevisionIsSoNotFun
Right I had an interview last week and my interviewer and I asked hm a question he didn't know...he said I'll tell you the answer when you get here. Is said IF!! Is that a hint that I got a place or not? Thanks x

Well, that depends. For one; did you phrase that question anything like you did this one? Because, loath though I am to piss on your parade, "I had an interview last week and my interviewer and I asked hm a question" isn't actually English: perhaps he simply meant 'I have absolutely not the tiniest ****ing idea as to what you're dribbling about', and then decided to soften the blow.
Reply 18
Eek! Who let the grammar nazis out? *shoes back into the enclose*
Reply 19
coldfish
Eek! Who let the grammar nazis out? *shoes back into the enclose*

:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending