The Student Room Group

Employment Record

I'm trying to finalise my application and send it off this evening.

I am currently working for a company which is relevant to my application, and am doing so following a few days work experience last year. As it has been done on the understanding that I would be going to university next year and this would be for 6 months or so officially I am employed through an agency as I am not permenant.

In my statement I have put solely that I am working for the company, because its relevant work and it would be stupid to use up my characters to say that i'm employed through an agency. But in the employment record I feel it would be appropriate to say that its a 6 month placement, so as not to be misleading.

I was going just put in brackets "(6 month placement)" but there isn't enough space. I don't want to put "temp" as that sounds as though i've just stumbled across the job.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I bother putting this at all? Its not as if i'm working at a temp agency, it just has to be administrated by them so i'm not sure if its even that misleading at all.
Reply 1
Just make it clear from the dates that it's only 6 months
Reply 2
As in, put a finish date in 2008 that would be the 6 months, rather than just leaving it as on-going?

I feel that 6 months is quite a good timespan, but do you think that would dent my application at all? I just don't want to be misleading. It is reasonable to put the actual company rather than the temp agency though isn't it?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
I would agree that it being through an agency is just an avenue to the work, so it is kind of irrelvant. I suppose it doesn't really matter who is paying my wages, compared to where i'm working and what i'm doing.

So, would that mean it would be appropraite not to put a "(6 month placement)" or "temp" type statement in at all?
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending