The Student Room Group
Reply 1
ergh pwc r so stupid sometimes.... i got an offer from kpmg for their gap scheme... and i got into the assesment day for PWC (id much rather work for PWC) so i called them and told them that kpmg want to hear by the 27th dec. but your 2nd interviews are in jan!!! they told me theyd get bak to me that day.. i hear nothing.. i call a week later... 'sorry sir but you contacted us saying that you would like to withdraw yourself from the recruitment process so we have done so... and sent you a confirmation of our actions about a week ago..' i have checked my mail NO SUCH EMAIL!!!!! and ERGH soz nothing to do with your problem but :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Its quite funny. They have been efficient up until the AC. So you cannot reverse the decision they've made, they could have put you in an earlier day, becos people do call and cancel ACs. During my AC one person didn't show. Thats annoying. So ya sticking with KPMG?
Reply 3
anyone else?
Reply 4
I had my assessment centre for pwc assurance today.
Thet said we'd know by end of week.
I don't hold much hope, though my interview went well the tests also went decen I'm sure the pass marks are so high it'll filter m eout. Group discussion is odd if you ask me, there is no real team aspect to it if you ask me, but we will see.
I will post on here when I know my outcome, I hope it is good news, I really do
Reply 5
whodunnit
I had my assessment centre for pwc assurance today.
Thet said we'd know by end of week.
I don't hold much hope, though my interview went well the tests also went decen I'm sure the pass marks are so high it'll filter m eout. Group discussion is odd if you ask me, there is no real team aspect to it if you ask me, but we will see.
I will post on here when I know my outcome, I hope it is good news, I really do

hi whodunnit,

Did you do your AC yesterday at Reading office? I had the AC yesterday as well.
Reply 6
lol they were sorry for the confusion and gave me a place for 2moros AC but its with GRADUATES :redface: a littel worried but meh well see how it goes lol
Reply 7
Hi guys,

I'm having my assesment day on 15/02. I ' ve applied for Business Placement in Assurance sector. Can you please tell me how the assesment day looks like?
I got so excited when they called me today that I passed my first interview that didn't really pay attention what she was saying about assesment day !
Please help!
M
How long did you have to wait after your first interview before you heard back from them that you had successfully passed that stage, andyson?

Could be perhaps be a similar timeframe?
Reply 9
Hi just wondering if anyone can give any tips on the AC? I have one in the East Midlands on Monday. Bit worried about the partner interview, just wondering what they might ask me? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks xx
Reply 10
i had my ac for the summer internship a couple of weeks ago, i didnt think i'd got through but a couple hours after i left i got a call saying i was successful!
Reply 11
sarah_88
i had my ac for the summer internship a couple of weeks ago, i didnt think i'd got through but a couple hours after i left i got a call saying i was successful!

Aw congratulations, thats excelleny. Was that at East Midlands? Can I just ask what kind of thing they asked you in the partner interview as that is what I'm worried about haha!! Thanks in advance for any tips/advice.
Reply 12
I meant excellent not excelleny haha
Reply 13
thanks! yeh east midlands area. the guy i had was really informal, i think he just wanted to get an idea of what i was like and if i was commercially aware. Got asked business senario questions, eg what would you have done? would you have made the same decision?...i common one i got asked is what i'd do/ or how i'd invest £1million! hope this helps!

Latest

Trending

Trending