University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
The anticipation is killing me!
University of York
York
Reply 41
hey everyone!!!!! ive just heard from york!!! im in derwent!!! block D floor 2 room 12!!!!!!! does anyone know anything about the place???? i think the kitchens are pretty basic!! i dont even know if they have microwaves!!!!! so excited tho!!!!!!!!!!! im sure everyones info will be arriving soon!!!!! let me know if you're in derwent too!!!!!!
Emma18
hey everyone!!!!! ive just heard from york!!! im in derwent!!! block D floor 2 room 12!!!!!!! does anyone know anything about the place???? i think the kitchens are pretty basic!! i dont even know if they have microwaves!!!!! so excited tho!!!!!!!!!!! im sure everyones info will be arriving soon!!!!! let me know if you're in derwent too!!!!!!

When exclamation marks... ATTACK! *woman screams in background* :wink:
At least you've heard :smile:
Reply 43
im in langwith - block A
why oh why am i in a 'quiet area'.....im so LOUD
Reply 44
It says in the booklet that you can swap accommodation... Anyone got an Alcuin or James they want to trade for my lovely Derwent block A? :tongue:
hi
it could be the case they had fewer people ask for "quiet" than expected so although its labelled as such it may not be, perhaps there will be a few noisy people such as yourself there! i wouldn't worry,
Reply 46
AHH! Am i the only one who hasn't heard yet???!! <twitching with nervous anxiety> :eek: Is ANYONE else still waiting to find out?? <sob sob>
me

buttbuns
AHH! Am i the only one who hasn't heard yet???!! <twitching with nervous anxiety> Is ANYONE else still waiting to find out?? <sob sob>

imasillynarb
The anticipation is killing me!

Cool it... I haven't heard yet either, and there are more like us. They're still allocating accommodation. We can hope that they're saving the best for last? :smile:
Reply 48
If you ask me those who havent got a letter should have good news as they seem to be doing it by college and there is only Derwent, Halifax and Alcuin left all of which are fairly good and Alcuin is the best accomodation just not as good as James overall (though I am biased!)

Alastair
Actually, Derwent looks to be going as well. There have been 3 responses saying they got into Derwent.
Leaving quite possibly, just Alcuin and Halifax (the two colleges I wanted to get into)... although I don't know quite how it works, and we don't know for certain that they are indeed allocating by college - even though it looks like a sound theory.
I'm in Vanbrugh, which is great because it's cheap and the fact that we will all be packed together like sardines will make the social life better..

Block B... If anyone is interested...
Reply 51
yeh i asked for the most expensive accomodation but got the cheapest - wheres the logic there?
charlord
yeh i asked for the most expensive accomodation but got the cheapest - wheres the logic there?

yep me too, i asked for ensuite with proper self-catering kitchens but got no ensuite and im guessing pantry kitchens, langwith block b
Reply 53
I KNOW MY ACCOMODATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rang up a few minutes ago. It was allocated yesterday and they should be sending the information out by post any time now.

I needed to know because you can't send the registraion form and college card back until you have supplied your term time address.

Anyway don't all rush to the phone cos they'll get pissed off. Well actually do, cos it's their fault anyway for taking so long!

Anyway, I'm in Halifax, Ingleton, standard, room D21

Crazy Mo Fo!!!
Reply 54
i am in james - i think block A - standard - with self catered kitchen
i asked for cheapest and got it - therefore i have £105.50 per week to spend on food, drink and whatever else - i don't quite know how, arent students meant to be poor?
Claireeek321
yep me too, i asked for ensuite with proper self-catering kitchens but got no ensuite and im guessing pantry kitchens, langwith block b

Dont worry dear, Im in the same boat! lol, Im in Vanbrugh (woo I can spell it now) and have a standard room with pantry style kitchen. I am going to take a health grill thing though for sausages, bacon etc :biggrin:
~Gaz
Reply 56
Claireeek321

wow im in block a !!!
Reply 57
ShadowStorm
When exclamation marks... ATTACK! *woman screams in background* :wink:

he he!!! ive just read my post!!!! :redface: (ironic use of exclamation marks in that case!!!!) i really do overuse them dont i??!"!!!!!! he he he!! :redface: :rolleyes: :smile:
Reply 58
alastair
If you ask me those who havent got a letter should have good news as they seem to be doing it by college and there is only Derwent, Halifax and Alcuin left all of which are fairly good and Alcuin is the best accomodation just not as good as James overall (though I am biased!)

Alastair

no ones heard from Goodricke yet though have they?
Reply 59
I think i saw someone on one of the forums who was in goodricke, i think the james college forum.

Latest

Trending

Trending