The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Seeing as how competitve medicine is i would say not very lenient at all, though you ought to ask the University Admissions department since it will vary with different unis
I think it depends on the uni. A friend of mine was rejected by Bristol because she missed her A grade by one mark. But my sister got missed an A for Oxford and they still took her because it was in French, so unrelated to her subject. :smile:
Reply 3
Its slightly different, but I matched a AAA offer with AABB at a-level. Very much depends on your interview performance (Here at least) and, of course, the places available. A year is statistically more likely to be over than under subscribed, I was just lucky there was a spare slot and it went to me because I had equivalent grades and a very high interview score.
it's totally dependent on how many offers they've given out and how many students they're gonna end up with. sometimes they do end up short and need more students. they won't tell you anything profound if you phone them up. my only advice would be to work for your grades as hard as you can now.
Simply enough, you have to try and get the AAB at least. Otherwise surely, you haven't met the requirements needed for medicine.

IMO, don't think about your summer grades at the mo and just concentrate on the work. I always had thoughts about "ooo I won't get the grades"... but ended up fine after work. You'll be OK if you work at it and trust in your abilities.
Reply 6
applegreen
How leniant are the universities with offers for medicines. Say if you get ABB when the offers AAB?

Then it depends on whether someone "better" on the waiting list did get the grades, and how much they wanted you to start with.
I have heard Queens Uni in Belfast can be leniant but it obviously depends on the total number of successful applicants. I haven't heard anyone getting in with lower grades this year but apparently for entry 06 there was a few places offered for AAB. (Normal requirement = AAA)
i have friends in my year who missed their grades. then again i also know people who narrowly missed them and were rejected. just get your grades.....
Reply 9
i have friends in my year who missed their grades. then again i also know people who narrowly missed them and were rejected.

Same.
Reply 10
When I applied I got ABBb in my Alevels and got rejected by both unis, because that year everyone who was offered a place met their grades, the unis had all their applicants so there was no places. My point is don't focus on that now. Try your HARDEST to get the grades because you don't wanna be the person who doesn't get into medical school because of 2 lousy marks..trust me you dont!!!
Reply 11
Don't be thinking about this now. Just get your head down and work.

Latest

Trending

Trending