The Student Room Group

Audio Production Degrees and Careers

Righto, I'm now settled into my first year at LMU studying Creative Music & Sound Tech. I'm investigating transferring to the LCM Music Production course, because frankly the course I'm on now is a shambles and it seems that the university itself is also falling apart around it.

But I have greater concerns. I'm worried about my career prospects upon leaving my degree, as I foolishly entered into it with only short-term views (ie. I like this, I'll study this). I know the music business is extremely saturated and there's no way I'm going to dedicate myself to achieving a career in music; something like that has to just happen. But I'm wondering what opportunities there would be for someone with a degree like mine in broadcasting. Say, for example, working for the BBC. Furthermore, I'm wondering how far it could take me. Would I be able to progress to senior roles in such a company, or would that require an entirely different degree? What other possibilities are present?

Cheers.
Reply 1
Take a look at SAE Audio in London. That might be the sort of thing you're after.

Latest

Trending

Trending