The Student Room Group

The Persian Society (UKL Iranian Society)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
well,i suggest lovers of politics to dicuss their favourite topics on D&D.
anybody has eaten FESENJAN?i like it very much.
what about beautiful places in iran?where have u been?which cities?
ESAFHAN?
MASHHAD?
SHIRAZ?
NORTH?
SOUTH?
lets know how was ur visit.or what u have heard about there.
Reply 81
mangomaz
The government is a fundamental part of Iran!! How can you ignore it in a thread about it?... I'm personally interested in Hamednhg's viewpoints on the current regime. Even if we disagree I am still interested to see what makes someone think positively of the current state of affairs.

And with the bit in bold, well we may as well ignore debate and discussion on this forum then right? Though I think that even learning snippets of information would make the discussions worthwhile.

Anyway petzneo, if you really don't want to discuss politics fair enough... you did go to the effort of resurrecting the society and all!

Hmmmm I've personally only ever been to iranian restaurants a couple of times. Seems pointless when I just sit there thinking 'my mum could make this just as well :p:'. I always find that they are reeeaally expensive as well, given you know that the food isnt that impossible to make haha. I think its another sign that Iranians are very proud and want people to associate luxury with their food :biggrin:

Thanks, I completely understand that it is important to talk about these things, we will always have different views about our government, but I have only just set this up, and i don't want TSR closing it down like the old one. I am not saying don't, but in moderation for the moment would be good, I might give a date every week where we can discuss a question related to politics, if you want. EDITED: Come to think of it, that sounds a bit stupid, tbh this society was not set up only for Persian food , your right...but from what I've seen if I continue to lets this happen, its just going to turn into a great big political discussion and I don't like to see us agrue about it, this society up to united us, sounds gay but its the only way I can say it!

I have to admitt I did think this was going to happen sooner or later!!!

Anyway, on with what you were saying...Khorest eh fesenjan, well I only started eating it 2 years ago, because for some reason, I didnt like it, but now I love it. oh, and mast o kheeyar, is great. For Gormeh sabzi, we have a rule in my house: we must have it at least one a week, I think that it is one of my fav foods! Tadeek is yummy, what abut tachin? ( the one with egg in). And does anyone like Albaloo Polo?

About where I have visited, I have been to Iran now for 3 yrs in a row, I have been to Esfahan it is absolutely beautiful. In the Naghsh-e Jahan Square, I actually met a couple of tourists from Germany, they spoke English and they loved Iran and were very interested with all mosques and paintings, but they didn't go to the best restaurants so, they didn't have the best experience of the food, which is a shame! Tehran is qute modern, not as beautiful as Esfafan tho, Shahin Shar (an hour drive from Esfahan), is where most of my family live, and its very green and quite modern town, sadly i have never been to Shiraz or Mashad. And i have also been to Aligudarz, which is very different, much more religious area, so more of the women cover themselves up, its a bit quieter compared to the rest of Iran and some how I felt like it was a sort of desert area, dry and sandy..What about you guys??

I can speak Persian, quite well, but I have forgotten how to read and write, but i can write the basics like baba and stuff like that.
Reply 82
Albaloo polo is goooood!!! :biggrin: I didnt used to like zereshk but I have to admit, I quite like it now! I think my taste buds have matured :p:
Oooh one of my other favourites - the one with lady fingers!!! Can't remember its iranian name :redface: and of course - cholo kebab :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

With the whole politics thing - woops didnt realise thats why the last society got shut down! And yeh I guess we should be united and all.

Democracy - I don't like tadeek!!! Hahaha. My mum doesnt understand to her its the most delicious part.
Reply 83
Yeah, thats what some one told me, and I am pretty sure that the persons right about it! Which one is the one with the lady fingers? i don't remember eating something like that! I think that for some Iranian food, you need to have an aquired taste for it!!! EDITED: Asked my sister said its actually calledKhoreshte Baamiyeh, woops! i like it a lot!!!!!!!!!!

What about Iranian music, what type of music do you guys listen to???
Reply 84
my gosh *yapeeeeeeee*

you dont understand how happy i am about this thread and to know theres a persian soc.

Im not persian but know a few iranis. I began interested in the irani way of life since I watched the film: children of heaven.

Then...I learnt this:

Shoma chetur hasteen? :biggrin:

so happy to be part of this soc.

I listen to arabic music and whatever else sounds good. I have a ARABIC music thread in the MUSIC section. post your arabic and irani music there if you want. :biggrin:
Reply 85
Ahh, thats good to hear, so guess that I'll put my name on the member list! dream123 where are you from? I'll hav a look at your thread too!

Oh and spread the words to ur Iranian friends if you can, the more the merrier!!!!
Reply 86
petzneo...the whereabouts of moi is.....planet earth. :biggrin:
so, are we going to be speaking persian here because thatd be great!

and no one replied to me earlier...so here it goes again:

shoma cheetur hastin? :smile:
Reply 87
honestly I would love to reply but i'll probably spell it wrong!!!!!!!
Reply 88
petzneo
honestly I would love to reply but i'll probably spell it wrong!!!!!!!

doesnt matter...you just make sure its as accurately persian so I can pronounce them properly.
ive laughed now...so the jokes over...get typing. :biggrin: :p:
Reply 89
Well, heres your reply: Mersi (thank you)
khodet chetorii?? ( And how are you yourself?)
Reply 90
reply to petzneo:

mann khoobam mamnoon.

someone teach me more !!! :biggrin:
Reply 91
I had sabzi pooloo with chicken with some other traditionally northen Iranian dishes tonight (I can't spell any of them). One uses lots of eggs and kookoo herbs. the other sounds like bogaloga togh (but I don't speak persian so it could be very different)

(I'm half Iranian btw) sometimes use Persian instead of Iranian though but usually only after someone has mistaken Iran and Iraq.
Reply 92
Manam khoobam mersi dream123 :smile: farsi'et kheylee khoobeh! (your farsi is very good)

erm... what else shall I attempt to say...

Kesee meetoneh farsi o beneveeseh? Kheylee khoshkele fekr nemeekonee?

I forgot how to say beautiful in farsi so I had to look it up how lame is that I should be ashamed!!!!!!
Reply 93
hmmm just thought i'd randomly ask what is peoples favourite iranian band?

man ke alan ye moddate KHEILI albome "Ali & Daniyal" ro gooooosh midam

eshgheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :biggrin:

other artists i like are: Hamid Askari, Mohsen Namjoo (EHSGHAME :biggrin:), Ehsan Khajeamiri, Naser Abdollahi and "Rezaya & 2@fm"
Reply 94
Ok, Luize I have added you to the list! khosh omadid (welcome). ^ All those singers are mojaz, faghat hamin? What about singers like Kamran & Hooman, Afshin, Black Cats and Erfan???
I like Kamran & Hooman, Afshin! :smile:
What about classics like Mahasti, Heydeh etc? Anyone like them?x
Reply 96
petzneo
Ok, Luize I have added you to the list! khosh omadid (welcome). ^ All those singers are mojaz, faghat hamin? What about singers like Kamran & Hooman, Afshin, Black Cats and Erfan???

Ali & Daniyal, 2@fm & Rezaya and hamid askari are mojaz????

no offence petzneo but in which iran are those singers mojaz?!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

btw black cats are pretty bahal :biggrin:
Reply 97
Boro babaaaaa =P
cant you tell by the new song by 2@fm? kodoom iraniye khareji rajebe SMS ahang mikhoone? you know how all iranians call it an es-em-es =p and they're sooo obsessed with mobiles...

btw its not ali & danial, its ali danial, its one person =P
and he used to be mojaz
he only recently moved to america =$ im joking
im trying to save myself some khejalat loool

Ah, R.I.P Mahasti, I love that song, Taghat! Oh and don't forget about Googoosh, the best female Iranian singer Iran has.
Yeap true RIP Mahasti!
&& Yess, Googosh is amazing :smile:
Anyone listen to Marzieh much when feeling in a particularly traditional/patriotic mood? :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending